What's new

Oh hey look... more examples of my sucking at nature!

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:lmao:

Swamp%20Trees.jpg


This is another place I'm always drawn to... I love the trees, I love the way the clouds reflect off the water... I love the patterns and lines and everything. I literally always sort of slow down on the road to look at this (I'm gonna get killed), but I never can seem to make it WORK. This one seems "ok", but not great... not by a long shot.

Any suggestions? Much appreciated in advance. Thanks.
 
There are two elements in that image - the reflections and the sticks coming out of the water. Neither is particularly helping the other. For instance, if the water surface was truly quiet, and the stick reflections would mirror the above-water parts, then it could be interesting as a tromp d'oeil. The sticks could be interesting IF they were more uniform. As it is, you've got other twigs/horizontal brick-a-brack that diminishes the "verticalness" of the sticks. I am thinking you need a better vantage point, and some simplification.
 
I would agree with what pgriz says. The other aspect is the tilt - it just doesn't do it for me, but then that may be just me.
________________
WesternGuy
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom