What's new

Oh look... Chris did another Boston shot... SHOCKER! :)

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was playing with the financial district and doing a HDR during twilight. As usual, trying to keep it pretty close to what it really looked like. C&C welcome as always...

Boston Early Evening and Night - Financial District Area - HDR - Pass 2.jpg
 
Another nice picture.. The ocean looks frozen!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
Another nice picture.. The ocean looks frozen!

Thanks, Kyle. You know... it does. I've been trying to put my finger on something with the water, and I think you just hit the nail on the head. heh... too funny.
 
WOW, very nice

What program do you use for HDR pics. Is there any that are free to download and try??
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
WOW, very nice

What program do you use for HDR pics. Is there any that are free to download and try??

Thanks! I used a program called Photomatix. It's pretty popular for this kind of thing. Photoshop pretends to do HDRs but kinda fails in my experience. I don't know if there are others.

Nice, I like it!

:O)

Thanks! :)
 
I'm sure the middle exposure to this HDR looked good in itself, too, and there would not have been haloes around the buildings (the two tallest ones have one...). Am I right? May we see?

That's a lovely location and twilight is the best of times for photos of the kind, I think! Well done!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #8
I'm sure the middle exposure to this HDR looked good in itself, too, and there would not have been haloes around the buildings (the two tallest ones have one...). Am I right? May we see?

That's a lovely location and twilight is the best of times for photos of the kind, I think! Well done!

Yeah, I thought so... I actually hit this place this time at twilight specifically for that reason... since the sun sets behind those buildings, I figured what better time to get such a picture. I should try to correct thsoe halos, actually...

I don't have the middle range exposure of that particular shot handy, but this was taken within 30 minutes of that exposure from the same place, with the same settings as the middle exposure of that one. (did you follow that, I'm not sure I did.) :lol:

Boston%20Early%20Evening%20and%20Night%20-%20Financial%20District%20Area%20-%20042%20044%20-%20Stitch%20tpf.jpg


Thanks for the comments!
 
Whoa. That new one's sooo cool. I might even begin to like that one better now...!
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #11
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #12
BTW, I actually personally like the non-HDR one better. HDRs are... interesting... to me. It's a neat tool but sometimes they generate some really surreal looking scenes.
 
Isn't playing in the financial district what got our country into this mess?

I like 'em both Chris.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #14
Isn't playing in the financial district what got our country into this mess?

I like 'em both Chris.

:lol: Thanks, John. And yes... yes it is. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom