Oh, no! - C&C

Bo4key

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter loves chasing birds, this is her reaction when they fly away.

Oh, no! by Boaketography, on Flickr

First off, I realize this is basically a snap shot. Catching 18 month olds in action is hard work. I like the composition but the lighting is extremely harsh and the lady in the back is a distraction. I guess I could say she's reacting to the ladies reading material and totally change the meaning of the shot, especially since there aren't any birds in it lol.

Without you saying anything ... I would say that she is reacting to having her photo taken.

Yes, the background makes it look like a snapshot.

Make sure to stalk your subject to ensure that the sun is falling in the best way, while monitoring the background ... since your subject is moving, you will be in constant motion.

You could re-title it to something like...

Babysitters That You Should Not Hire

How sweet, love her expressive hand jesters.

Great capture , great reaction , they might crucify you here because of background , but hey life is short :)

I'm a sucker for baby/kid shots. So to me, no matter how bad the shot is is can never be wrong.
That reaction is adorable!

By the way I wasn't calling your shot bad lol. Just thought I should clarify that. :sexywink:

... catching a 3 year old with ADHD is impossible.
Isn't this why they make DSLRs with video?

Bo4key: Nice shot & cute daughter.

Yup, photographing a three year old is next to impossible. I like to consider myself a relatively accomplished photographer, but probably only 10% of the photos I get of my daughter are usable.

By the way I wasn't calling your shot bad lol. Just thought I should clarify that. :sexywink:

No problem!

Like I mentioned, it's a snap shot with terrible lighting and a distracting background. I was prepared to be crucified for those elements.

Most reactions

Back