No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
x

Last edited:
Wow....I was totaly thrown off kilter by your thread title. :confused:

Title aside.....

"Luck is where Skill meets oppertunity" - "Some times it is better to be lucky than good"...or somthin to that effect

Wow....I was totaly thrown off kilter by your thread title. :confused:

Title aside.....

"Luck is where Skill meets oppertunity" - "Some times it is better to be lucky than good"...or somthin to that effect

I was thinking of calling it- Boring Monument. Went with plan 'B'

Here's a few 'tiny edits' of the area.

Where the massacre took place. About center of photo.
420-0675.jpg

This is the initial siege site and the burial site.
420-0677.jpg

Not quite clear in the photo, but the spring is to the right. This is near where the wagons were encircled. The mass grave and monument is to the left beyond the hill (barely seen).

And this is a closer view of the burial site and monument.
420-0678.jpg

After I left the site we went up to a little town called Enterprise, Utah, for lunch. Before leaving the valley though, the weather cleared, the sun came out and it turned back into a gorgeous, blustery day.

I called a picture boring once....Got lots of attention, but Somehow I think Plan B was the more apropriate, I mean you passed threw the place and survived right? It's all good:D

I called a picture boring once....Got lots of attention, but Somehow I think Plan B was the more apropriate, I mean you passed threw the place and survived right? It's all good:D

Yep. Had a nice ham sandwich over in Enterprise too.

Quite a time finding this place. Not very well publicized. A little sign on the side of the road marking the drive to the monument viewpoint. One of the girls at the motel desk turned a bit pale when I asked if she knew how to get there. Another girl was very helpful although she couldn't find anything on the place in the brochure display for local attractions. She ended up calling her sister who had been up there the month before.

I have a section on one of my web sites regarding the Old Spanish Trail. The massacre happened along this trail as it leaves Utah and heads into Arizona then Nevada a few miles later. I'm thinking this would be a good location to start/stop my photo tour of the trail.

http://digital-desert.com/old-spanish-trail/

Most of my photos are of the California portion of the historic trail. Some of what this trip was about was adding the Nevada, Arizona, and Utah information.

About the weather though. Sometimes I feel like I'm being given something cool when I stumble into some of these places under the appropriate conditions.

Yep. Had a nice ham sandwich over in Enterprise too.

Quite a time finding this place. Not very well publicized. A little sign on the side of the road marking the drive to the monument viewpoint. One of the girls at the motel desk turned a bit pale when I asked if she knew how to get there. Another girl was very helpful although she couldn't find anything on the place in the brochure display for local attractions. She ended up calling her sister who had been up there the month before.

This is all the more reason to find them and photograph them, often times after seeing a picture of something one finds they want to see it for them selves, that'll really make the girls at motel desk turned a pale when more people start asking.

About the weather though. Sometimes I feel like I'm being given something cool when I stumble into some of these places under the appropriate conditions.

It's all about whether one is willing to accept that that is being given and use it to it's fullest ;)

This is all the more reason to find them and photograph them, often times after seeing a picture of something one finds they want to see it for them selves, that'll really make the girls at motel desk turned a pale when more people start asking.

It's all about whether one is willing to accept that that is being given and use it to it's fullest ;)

Next time I go I'm going to ask the girl if she knows where the party of Lost 49ers' split off from Capt. Jefferson Hunt in 1849 and got lost in Death Valley. It's actually near Mountain Meadows- I was just too blown out from hiking in Zion the day before to go shoot it.

Anyway, here's the Mountain Meadows page I edited.
http://mojavedesert.net/mountain-meadows/

Now I'm off to study the tribes of the Southern Paiute and find the true story of Indian Mouse, a Paiute gone renegade killer. I love this obscure stuff.

Most reactions

Back