Ok, give me the works!

Hehe Teri, and all this time I spent trying to make that burned out shub green! I totally agree though, and I'm so glad that you though of it, because I never thought to just get rid of it!
Thank you Thank you!!!!!!
You know what a fan I am of yours. I wish you would sell your work here. I love it!
Cindy

Thank you Pete! I LOVE your last photo and can't wait to see the rest!!!!!! Wicked job my friend!
I REALLY wasn't sure about #5 because her eyes are closed, but I loved everything else. I honestly don't know what works sometimes. I just liked something about it. You took me off the fence. Thank you!

elsaspet said:
Hehe Teri, and all this time I spent trying to make that burned out shub green! I totally agree though, and I'm so glad that you though of it, because I never thought to just get rid of it!
Thank you Thank you!!!!!!
You know what a fan I am of yours. I wish you would sell your work here. I love it!
Cindy
So you're saying I picked the one thing on that shot that you worked your butt off on, and advised you to crop it out?? :shock: :biglaugh: Sorry!! :blushing:

My stuff here is (almost) always for sale. ;) It's only a PM away, if you're really interested in anything.

Oh I didn't know that! Yes, I've been interested in your work forever! (hubby needs to cough up some dough!)

elsaspet said:
Oh I didn't know that! Yes, I've been interested in your work forever! (hubby needs to cough up some dough!)
Well, thank you for that! That is very flattering. :)

These are great... 1 and 2 dont really do anything for me either I really like 3 4 and 5,,, Number 6 ISNT bad, but I dont care for the angle..

2 and 3 are my fav from the bunch.

elsaspet said:
she really believes in me. I wanted to Wow her.
You don't have to worry about that. :)

#2 & 4 were my instant favorites. I think you captured her personality so well and she looks very relaxed. I really like #3 as well. What I always see in your work is dedication, and I know your clients can see it as well. I have truly enjoyed watching your work evolve over the past year. I remember the first weddings shots that you shared here, I think you were assisting someone else at the time. I knew that they weren't your style .... and I was right. Here you are having worked so hard and your style is simply stunning. Elegant, fun and on the edge in a very fantastic way. Once I am settled in Dallas (in the next few months) I would love to have the chance to watch you work :)

Holy Crap, Alison! You are moving to Dallas? IT'S ON GIRL!!!!!!!!!! We are gonna have to definately do lunch and stuff, go shopping, take the dogs to the park and all that fun stuff. I DEFINATELY want to shoot with you!!!! You know how much I love you!!!!!!
When are you coming here? I had no idea!

Ok, so I feel kind of silly critiquing your work because you are just getting to be so awesome Cindy, but here goes:)
1.) Way too tilted for my taste. But, then again, I am normally just not a big fan of tilted pictures in general. But, when I take a second look at it, I think it's pretty cool that the little sun looking architectural detail is in line with the corner of the frame. Also, are those two lines the ribbons from her bouquet? I think they might look nicer if they were just hanging down normally.
2.) Love her expression! The only thing that bothers me is that her hand looks really awkward. Were you just trying to show off the ring?
3.) Once again, it might just be me and my weird Anti-Tilt aesthetics, but I'm just not digging it because of the tilt. However, her face looks sooo beautiful in that one.
4.) I think this one is my favorite. I really like that it almost doesn't look like a bridal at all. I just LOVE the texture of that wall in both this and #5.
5.) I really love everything about this one except for the pose. It looks odd to me. I keep looking at it trying to figure out how it could've been changed slightly to make it look better, but I can't figure it out.
6.) I'm sorry, but this is my least favorite one. (funny, it has a tilt lol)
But, that's not the only reason I am just not very keen on it. She looks really uncomfortable to me and her eyes look strained trying to look up at the camera. Compositionally, it looks evenly divided into three equal horizontal lines

Thanks so much for posting...I learn so much from you.

It's ok April! That's exactly what I am looking for. I shoot a lot, but many times I'm just messing around trying to find my groove. I think I'm getting there, but I don't think I've found it quite yet.
The reason I like the tilty angle (and I know many don't) is because it screams editorial photography to me. Ads and soforth. This was a very "upscale" bride from a very trendy part of the county, so I whipped out "edgy", ie, "tilty" to send the message home.
I totally suck at posing. Absolutely suck at it, so I make them dance. Yep, I stole it from a Yervant DVD "Dancing with the Bride". I just wait for them to hit something I think is natural and then I blast away. (I took 950 images to net 26)
This one was also a little different as she had told me that she liked a main image on my website. I asked her about it a few times because the treatment I use makes the image "soft" even though it is sharp as a tack. She loved it though, so I used it lots here. It worked well with her as it also brought up the midbrights, and clipped the shadow detail. She actually has a lot of grey in her hair so it helped a lot with that.
Overall, I love your critique, and I thank you for all the time you spent writing it. That is exactly why I post here. If you guys don't tell me, I don't know. Hollywood Bridal is a prime example.

Most reactions

Back