Ok i lost, now that the poll is over...what did i do wrong? (C&C)

WhineAndDine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, this was my submission for the april photo poll. I came in at 4th place. One vote was mine, but i still would have been 4th even without my shameful self-vote. So what did i do wrong? :(

3481988623_ea607c8535.jpg

I agree with Lockwood81...the photo itself is good, but it didn't fit the theme of bat and ball all that well. This could have affected the votes it received.

darn. the thought of that didn't even cross my mind. I noticed the first picture was just a glove, no bat or ball insight but for a while it had a commanding lead.

i didn't realize it has to be exact what the guide words are..... but now i know :). next time.........

Should have thrown a ball in there on the bottom right that had a bunch of screws in it. That would have looked nasty AND would have fit the theme better.

i didn't realize it has to be exact what the guide words are..... but now i know :). next time.........
Well, I can't really speak for what was in the mind of all the voters. All I'm saying is it's possible voters felt the pic didn't match the theme closely enough.

Well, I can't really speak for what was in the mind of all the voters. All I'm saying is it's possible voters felt the pic didn't match the theme closely enough.

ya i totally get what you mean. let's just say this bat has been sitting in my room for a few years. and while i was browsing the forum i came across the contest and i saw the word "bat..." and i didnt bother with the rest. what other time in my life would i get the opportunity to submit this for anything? LOL.

fwiw, i voted for you, even without the ball. but i didn't submit either. this month, i am submitting a photo, hence you no longer having my vote :)

Bill

haha thanks bill i appreciate your vote. no worries about this month. hopefully well get a lot more submissions and have a nice match.

I think a ball with a screwdriver through it would have been a nice addition...LOL... seriously, I didn't vote for the photo for the same reason as the others, no ball. I didn't vote for the glove one either for the same reason, and I was surprised to find it in the lead when I voted. I still wish this site would go to a voting system using the 1-10 scale. That way, all the photos are voted on by everyone. Also, if you would like weekly challenges and have thick skin (cause the people on this site can be brutal...LOL.), check out DPChallenge - A Digital Photography Contest Now, I'm not trying to pimp another site, but they have weekly challenges and I have learned allot about photography and voters from that site. Actually, participating in a weekly challenge has really forced me to learn new techniques I may not have tried or thought of to learn myself. Just my two cents. Here's my profile link, as you can see, I'm still learning and have yet to break a score of 6.0.

http://www.dpchallenge.com/profile.php?USER_ID=93283

Most reactions

New Topics

Back