Ok Nikon... Ok Adorama... where the heck is my D4?

Ya Nikon doesn't give two turtle $hits about us normal consumers. Only the fancy NPS status.

Helen, I normally do most of my ordering through Adorama.... are you still taking orders for the D800? Are you deeply backordered on that body?

I'm so sorry I missed this posting - but the answers are "yes" and "yes"!!

Helen, I normally do most of my ordering through Adorama.... are you still taking orders for the D800? Are you deeply backordered on that body?

I'm so sorry I missed this posting - but the answers are "yes" and "yes"!!

Thanks for the reply... although I had anticipated those answers! lol! :)

I just received my D4 last night, if you haven't gotten it yet expect it soon.http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/photo...01289905646.838666.610650645&__user=610650645

Congrats. Who did you order from and how quick were you on the draw when you ordered?

I got this from Adorama today... kudos to them for sending this.

---

Thank you for placing your order for a Nikon D800/D800E or D4 with us.
As you know, the Nikon D800/D800E and D4 are currently highly-sought after. The excitement for the these new acclaimed models created a demand that has currently outstripped supply worldwide. Nikon has sent us initial quantities of units and continues to do so on a weekly basis. Those have already been shipped out to customers in a first-in/first-out process.
We are fully aware of how eager you are to receive your new camera and how frustrating the wait can be. The lack of clear forthcoming information as to the estimated ship dates only adds to the frustration. We know it and feel it and we're going bonkers about it. Nothing is more important to us than to deliver a great customer experience, and while it might not be evident, we're turning the world over to get these hot cameras out to you as fast as humanly possible. We are working closely with our partner, Nikon, to get all orders fulfilled in a timely basis and to hopefully meet your expectations to the extent possible.
We promise you that as these cameras roll into our warehouse, they won't linger for even a moment. They will be packed and shipped same-day on a strict first-in/first-out basis.
Be assured you that we don't charge your credit card until the order ships.
Customers have been asking our customer service and sales personnel questions like: How many units we have on order? How many we have on hold? Where a particular customer is on the waiting list? Please understand that they do not have access to this information. In spite of their genuine desire to be of help, they cannot possibly share information not available to them. We are unable to make this information widely available internally at this time.
We fully understand your excitement to get this new Nikon DSLR in your hands, and we deeply regret the inconvenience the wait is causing. We are working diligently and hard (sweating actually!!!) to get it in your hands as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding and support. We know you placed your trust in Adorama. We are working hard to continue to earn your trust.
Sincerely,

Adorama Camera

Why not just buy from eBay? That's what I did with my 5D3. I'd much rather pay a hundred extra dollars than wait 3 months for Adorama or B&H.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Got My D800 today.... :)

Yep. You gotta love it when the reps actually get on the forums, see what their customers needs/wants are, and take steps to remedy those concerns.

Thanks! I was on the February preorder at my local Vistek store almost 4 months of waiting. I love this camera! The detail, colour accuracy, low noise at super high ISO and probably what I love most is it can auto focus in near pitch black at a blink of an eye!!!

Got My D800 today.... :)
OMG congrats!!!! Hope you enjoy your new D800 as much as I my D4.

Thanks! I am sure I will! I do kind of regret cancelling my D4 order, but I think I will love this one! Congrats on getting your D4! What was your turn around time from order to receiving it? I got really lucky with the D800.... every place is back-ordered, and I placed the order 3 weeks ago... got it today!

Oh wow nice only 3 weeks for you, I know a few people that ordered it back in Feb-March and still haven't gotten it. I have to wait about 4 months for my D4. How's your D800? I gotta say I see a lot. And I mean A LOT of improvements on the D4 vs my D7000 much more than I expected. How's the low light on the D800?

I think I'm actually going to cancel my D4 this weekend... I've ground my teeth about spending quite that much money on a camera that isn't nearly as earth-shattering as it should be, and now I've ground my teeth too long to boot. Better off to kill it and wait. Heck, by the time I get the stupid thing Nikon will be announcing the D5 anyway.

Damn you still haven't gotten yours? When did you pre order it if you don't mind me asking.

Damn you still haven't gotten yours? When did you pre order it if you don't mind me asking.

THE day it was announced. About 10 minutes after it was posted here that Adorama was taking pre-orders. I figured I would be one of the first to have it in my hands. Scary, right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back