Ok, so now what do you do with them???

I upload the good ones, at least the ones I think are good, to Flickr. Then post them here and email the links to my mother. Never thought of creating a calendar. That's a good idea.

LOLOLOL

Learn the fine art of self editing!

Which is a thread I am just about to start. :)

:biglaugh:

Is that opposed to having someone else edit you?- Like cloning your head? :)

Anyway, I guess I'm fortunate in that I have a practical use for nearly everything I shoot. I've been kicking around some new ideas, but can see here a few directions I'd like to go in as well.

"Can't you just buy more frames?"

Yes, but I'd also need to buy more walls. :)

I certainly do not have 200,000 unique and wonderful images ....

But with those not so bad bloopers of mine I do:

- make calendars for friends and family and myself, usually customised to the taste of the respective person.

- presentations for people interested in it (slide projections, and recently also data projector presentations on 15 x 8 feet)

- sometimes spam TPF with images ;)

- on rare occasions my images end up as illustrations in magazines, on webpages of schools and charities.

Since I post on forums, sometimes my images are 'borrowed' against my will, I once found images by me of very young Japanese schoolgirls in uniform on a pervert's website, and I found images of the former WTC used by other webpages without my consent.

How did you find out about the "borrowed" images?

Print some, post some on my site. Which I have been lazy in doing either. Actually work and life get in the way of me getting motivated to do it.

I download the images onto my computer into a "Sort" folder. Then I go through and rename them with the date and a description. I move them to categorized folders in a "Photo" folder where the original files will stay.

Then I play around with them, deciding which ones I want to upload and which ones I want to print. I usually don't have time, so I don't finish.

The next day, or a few days later, I may look at them again, but different photos. I play around with those ones forgetting about the ones I already was working on.

This continues until I have 7000 images that I may or may not have looked at and haven't processed any of them.

I have over 10,000 images now from 2002 through today. I have a few uploaded and after 9 months of getting into photography enough to have a manual capable camera and researching and learning about photography, I have finally printed a batch of photos for the first time. So, out of 10,000 images I have taken the last 6 years (9 months of that is with the photography knowledge learned rather than snapshooting), I have three 8x10 photos of the kids on the wall and an envelope of 30 4x6 images sitting in my laptop bag at work.

I play around with looking and sorting them on the computer a lot. I just haven't finished hardly anything. Here is a post I just made in a thread about sorting images of what I now want to do to organize my sorting and get things done.

40,000+ pictures. 175 prints.

I just like to look at them and have them on file. I am always using them for something. Prints....collages.....just about everything

~Michael~

Who the **** has that many images hanging around that they need to sort through in one sitting?

Most reactions

Back