Ok, what do you think?

Reyna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was practicing last night and wanted to share. Just remember I am a beginner and know I will get some brutal comments, but I can take them!

ndlqq1.jpg

33as6k2.jpg

Way to get out there and practice!

1. Seems underexposed to me, fill flash would have helped too. Also watch out for clipping body limbs.

2. Seems a little washed out, not much contrast.

1. Seems underexposed to me, fill flash would have helped too. Also watch out for clipping body limbs.

This may sound really stupid to you'll but is a fill flash the same thing as an external flash? :blushing:

This may sound really stupid to you'll but is a fill flash the same thing as an external flash? :blushing:

"Fill flash" is a technique to use additional light to bring out shaded areas on a picture. It allows you to expose for the brighter areas in the picture, yet brings out details that otherwise would be lost in the shadow.

Using Fill Flash

Without fill flash:
parade_614_001.jpg

With Fill flash:
DSC_0052.jpg

Fill flash simply means "filling" the shadows with some light. It usually is on camera, but any fill is subtle, whether electronic or via reflector.

First pic makes me feel the poor boy sinned and you made him go to the corner ;). You framed him very tight, he just has no space to breathe...

And yes, second photo is a bit blown, meaning overexposed, and therefore also lacks contrast. Composition is better, but uninteresting.

ps- farmerj allready explained fill, we posted the same time...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back