Okay how about these-Engagement shoot

well apparently i wont be able to do that since a lot of people on this thing dont have much faith just a bunch of steam blowing out their ass

OK I spoke too soon....
Why are you downing ALLSMILES she just gave you a compliment?
If you said that you love Carrie's work and she thinks that your close it's a compliment right. Think about it...

allsmiles was not being nice she was being sarcastic

hey don't change your character because of ther people. And don't change your ambitions...Just bust your hump. Go back to the drawing board.
I usually don't make any out of the way comments but my father used to always say:

"If a hundred flies say it's S*** then it's S***!"

So don't be hurt...Prove 'em all wrong. Pick up your panties and bring your A-game!

Just a lil pep talk

BTW...
I admire your stamina and you have some balls...

But, just bring it!

well last time i checked i had no balls....LOL...had to do it

today my A game is really thrown off.....been suffering really painful ear infection and i have no concentration or balance today and i have a photo shoot at 2pm

Don't do it!!
Trust me when I tell you:
Don't do it!!
It's for the best.

i cant comment any further as ive been told off

only a comment bout another thing not this thread

(this is all very interesting) Let me tell you where I came from when I started this thing.

I truly believe that your mentor albeit is in business for herself and might be booked in advance for 5 weddings does not mean that she is the best thing that has happened to the wedding industry. Not that you have said that. I haven't said that her work or yours is crap either. I frankly do not think that is the case at all. Obviously, she is doing something right and you are too (for your willingness to take up for her and be mentored by her). She does have good work on her site. But it is mediocre at best by a lot of peoples standards here that have seen it. She should be willing to post shots here too and she'll get better.

I haven't said this until not but, if she continues to shoot like that and you follow her lead and do the same caliber of work that she does, you will both be mediocre photographers at absolute best.

I would never, ever say these things to discourage or traumatize another photographer. But your standards are very low right now and it's reflected by your work and the person you've chosen to listen to or idolize and imitate. Learn together on this and help each other out. If you miss the things we're trying to say here to help you then maybe you aren't in the right mindset to listen. You are getting great "FREE" advice here. Listen to it.

Shoot, shoot, shoot but do not pass yourself off as a photographer yet. You just need more education and basic camera knowledge. It's hard to go out and race Indy cars when you don't know how to use a clutch. That's all I'm saying.

Read this correctly: "I think that you have potential and I do not think your photos are crap. I really loved the B&W baby feet in the fathers hands on the other post. I do however think that the studio things are not working, for now, but you'll get there IF you stop challenging everyone that is trying to help you."

Most reactions

Back