Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I was up on the Syrian/Israel Border today and took these photos of an old Bunker. C&C anyone?

EntrancetooldbunkeronHarAvital.jpg

OldbombshelteronHarAvital.jpg

OldtrenchesinbunkerontopofHarAvital.jpg

OldtrenchesandbattlementtsinbunkerontopofHarAvital.jpg

That's quite a sight. I hope things settle down over there very, very quickly.

Nice shots. I especially like 1 and 3.

Your pictures just reminds me of just how tenuous that region is. I know I'm looking at them more in terms of photojournalism, then the pictures merits on their own. It's just the emotions that they invoke from me.

Technically, they're well composed and correctly exposed.

I really like #1, the colors seem better than in the others.

Your pictures just reminds me of just how tenuous that region is. I know I'm looking at them more in terms of photojournalism, then the pictures merits on their own. It's just the emotions that they invoke from me.

Technically, they're well composed and correctly exposed.
Thank you.
The fact they bring up emotions, tells me they are doing their job.

I don’t know which side built those bunkers, but image 1 says, “you may be protected, but it’s a hell-hole you’ll find yourself in”. Probably true sentiments no matter what side…

I find image 2 to be somewhat dark, and I would have liked to see more of the context, the surrounding land and perhaps background. As it is, it is not a very interesting image. The tree obviously grew there after the bunker fell into disuse, so there is a potential story there.

Image 3 is interesting from its geometry, but again, I am wanting to see more of the context. I suspect that the left side of the image (not shown) would have let us see a valley, and juxtaposing the trenches at the top over the valley below would have been interesting.

Image 4, same comment as #3, but now on the right.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back