Old Bunkhouse

NewMexicogal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
24900004_443182429417106_3794955732542122798_n.jpg
This is a old cowboy bunkhouse at a family's place. In the town of Rodeo, NM

Nice shot. Bunkhouse looks rustic and well-maintained. I might try ever so slightly darkening the sky, just a tiny bit, across the top of the sky, to subtly force the eye downward a bit. And maybe dodge the left side shadow are of the bunkhouse, like +.4 EV, to give a little more detail in that darker wood area. It's well-composed and level and sharp and interesting...you've got a great meal here...now we're talking abut the spacing of the forks and the knives from the plates!

Nice shot. Bunkhouse looks rustic and well-maintained. I might try ever so slightly darkening the sky, just a tiny bit, across the top of the sky, to subtly force the eye downward a bit. And maybe dodge the left side shadow are of the bunkhouse, like +.4 EV, to give a little more detail in that darker wood area. It's well-composed and level and sharp and interesting...you've got a great meal here...now we're talking abut the spacing of the forks and the knives from the plates!
Thanks for the feedback, I've only used Photoshop a handful of times, mostly to clone out objects. I'll try using the graduated ND filter in Lightroom and see how that looks on the sky. Luckily this is on the in-laws property, and now that I have some ND filters and graduated filters I'm looking at some longer exposures.

I like this. I'd try a shot with a red or orange filter to see about enhancing the sky. Also, this may bring out some interesting effects. Not sure that would work, but I'd give it a try next time you're there.

I like this. I'd try a shot with a red or orange filter to see about enhancing the sky. Also, this may bring out some interesting effects. Not sure that would work, but I'd give it a try next time you're there.
Ironically I just picked up some filters a few weeks ago, just have not been back out there. Graduated orange, red, blue, the large rectangle ones. Might go out there during Christmas break.

Most reactions

Back