old city | inner yards - critique most welcome!

sektabrand

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
please, share your thoughts about all aspects you see fit - tech, composition, feel...

$vilnius_april1-1.jpg

$vilnius_april1-2.jpg

$vilnius_april1-3.jpg

$vilnius_april1-4.jpg

yeah. but you have to walk and search for these kinds of yards. also - b&w made these pics more dramatic :]

Good subjects, but not the most pleasing lighting in most of them, and also some perspective problems (buildings falling over). I would work on the last one, in which the light is best and straighten the buildings just a bit. Some might object to the wires, but they are really part of the scene here. The bright one in the foreground might need to be darkened a bit.

There are a lot of good close shots in each of these, for which the harsh light and perspective would not be significant issues. You should go back and ask yourself what really interests you in the frame of each wider shot and then move in on that.

I like the 1st one. Put a pin up model in it at a time of day the light is right and its a winner =)

Thanks. About those falling buildings - I must say, that I never wanted to correct that, cause I actually love that effect. [though I could tilt that one a bit, that's for sure]

Also ropes are there by intention. Actually wanted to make them even more visible, but didn't manage.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back