What's new

Old coastal tea house..>

Arch

Damn You!
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
8,487
Reaction score
103
Location
locked in the attic
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few weekends ago me and my buddy (aka Davewrong on TPF :P ) went for a quick look at an old tea house coastal ruin, mananged a few shots before the weather got alot worse, was quite happy with this one so thought id share. :wink:


tea-house1.jpg


Thanks for lookin.
 
Wow. I love the colors and the composition.
 
I really like how the clouds create a crown effect around the building.
 
The back wall as seen throught the doorway "almost" looks as if the hostess is waiting for the greeting. Shame about the fence posts that break the right side horizon.

Well spotted and well done.
 
Nice shot. I like it all, including the grass in the foreground which almost seems like it's pointing to the structure.
 
Love the ominous clouds and how they highlight the ruin.

(and it's nice to see a pic from you!)
 
Love the way the clouds seem to emanate from the top of the structure. And the sharp focus of the bricks make the pic really pop




(And +1 re good to see a pic from you)
 
Very nicely composed. The way the grass grows and the trampled path (barely discernible) lead us right towards the ruins, and from there the clouds seem to "explode". Coolest!
And that once really was a tea house? As in "restaurant", sort of? When?
 
I love how the grass looks in this one too. It has a very rich texture and seems very "fluffy"! The ruin itself is greatly composed into it. And last but not least - the almost silver looking sky. I love the little clouds in the distance as well as the previously mentioned "crown" effect around the ruin.

Good work!
 
Very nice simple composition.
The small glimpse out to sea adds wonderful depth to the image.
Well done, Arch.
 
Thanks guys, yea the grass was looking quite long and wind swept which i though added to the composition... i have a few others from a different angle, where the grass is going off in all directions... i may add one of those soon. ;)


Very nicely composed. The way the grass grows and the trampled path (barely discernible) lead us right towards the ruins, and from there the clouds seem to "explode". Coolest!
And that once really was a tea house? As in "restaurant", sort of? When?

Yes it was a Tea House.. apparently... i can only find a few bits of info on the net, one site says:

'The 'Tea House' was built by Edward Baring and was known as a 'pleasure house'. Mrs Baring is said to have used it to take tea and paint water colours.'

....and i found from wiki that Edward Baring was born 1828 and died 1897, so i guess its somewhere around 1860-ish?

I do like to find out a bit of info about what im shooting!... i think it makes it a bit more interesting to look at. :D
 
I don't blame you, I'd been quite happy with this shot if I had taken it. Very nice image, well done.

Ron,
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom