Old equipment

Tolyk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Over the past year I've been given various equipment by friends, none of which I've used at all, it just sits collecting dust. Last week, I was given a new addition, a solidor 75-250mm lens. I don't even know what kind of mount it has, but I know it doesn't fit any of my cameras (even the old ones)

Here's a photo of the collection I've amassed:
IMG_2624.jpg

I'll take a close up of the mount type later.

Anyway, not sure why I'm starting the thread.. just wanted to discuss some of the older equipment I suppose :)

Is that box thing on the far left a movie camera or a still-shot camera? it looks kinda neat.

The mount on the Soligor is called T4. It's similar to Tamron's Adapt-All mount. As such, if there's not already an adapter on it, you'd need one in order to fit it to a particular body. If there is an adapter on it, it would probably say what kind it is.

I agree with Mike, it does look like a Nikon AI, with pre-AI ears. The box is a Standard 8 (aka Regular 8, Double 8) movie camera. You can still get film for them. It is 16 mm wide, and goes through the camera twice - one side at at time. It comes loaded on daylight spools, in nominal 25 ft lengths (there is more on the spool to act as the leader).

Best,
Helen

Yeah, I found out that it is indeed a Nikon AI mount. I ordered a nikon to canon adapter and going to test it out.

AUZambo, yeah the movie camera does look neat :) It's a Kodak Brownie and exactly what the poster above me said (Not that I knew all that about the film mind you :p )

I don't exactly have anywhere to display the old equipment right now, but I intend to get a little curio cabinet for all of it, I just like the look of the older equipment.

Most reactions

Back