Old firetruck : pls comment

rangerman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
While walking to work, I saw this red fire-truck, it's an old design.

Took a few shots to merge them later, in post processing.
(I enjoy both photo-taking and post processing).

From the reflection of the sky, the sun-light was very direct.

All comments are Welcome. :hug::
4709369642_34b2ca27d4_b.jpg

I think it looks good. But I think if you had maybe taken another step back so it wasn't cut off on the top, right and bottom it may have been a much better shot.

I think it looks good. But I think if you had maybe taken another step back so it wasn't cut off on the top, right and bottom it may have been a much better shot.

agreed! use the most of ur frame.

kass617 & dak1b : Thank you, will do better next time.

I'll try to dig out another one, I remember it was a reflection off the glass panelings.

Here, found the shot I was talking about earlier post. Any comments for this baby? :hug:::D
4710889942_6eced0433c_b.jpg

I like the reflection but here you have the same problem as with your first shot. You have lost the front end of your truck. I would crop it a bit tighter on the left and level your horizon. It now looks like your truck is rolling away to the right (it might have actually done that, but for the sake of the picture, just level it.)
Keep it up! You certainly have a fresh look on things!

one more I found and it's the face of the truck

pls comment

4734793488_8c4986e294_b.jpg

When taking pictures, ask yourself what your intent is and try to make pictures to fit that intent. These seem like what I would call "inventory shots"... "here is a truck, it is red." There's not much else to them.

I agree with the other comments... though it's not that you necessarily need to step back so much as if you're cropping that tightly it should be for a specific intent or to portray a specific emotion or something.

If you have such emotion here, I'm not personally getting it.

not sure with the HDR effect either.

Every picture your subject is touching the edge of the frame and getting cut off. Work on your composition and be more careful. Also the first HDR has some halo going on around the cab of the truck. I like the concept of the reflexion if it was composed better.

Cool fire truck though.

I like the HDR effect on the first one. I agree with the other comments, that maybe taking a step back would have been better? I don't know if it is so much taking a step back as maybe approaching it from a different angle. I love the reflection of the sky on the glass, and the colors are very rich.

Thank, thanks you.....great feedbacks.

:hug::

OK, this is the final photo. Your continuous comments are welcome.

I did took a step back, I think I was avoiding the shadows (can't really remember). :D:lol:

Photo re-edited and repost. "White" reminded me of something I left out.
4734787753_98202061b6_b.jpg

Last edited:
You forgot to blur the other half of the background. :blushing:

Thank, thanks you.....great feedbacks.

:hug::

OK, this is the final photo. Your continuous comments are welcome.

I did took a step back, I think I was avoiding the shadows (can't really remember). :D:lol:

Photo re-edited and repost. "White" reminded me of something I left out.
4734787753_98202061b6_b.jpg

this one is the best, imo. Yay, nothing is cut off.:thumbup: I also like the diagonal view. It almost looks very small for a truck.

Most reactions

Back