old lenses for my canon 7d

chris.mor.rj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
helo everybody...

i´m new and still fresh on photo world and get almost for free a new canon 7d camera, body only....

i have two old lenses that was belong to my grandpa, and i know that there´s new canon and other tipes of lenses that i can find to buy out there, but i was thinking: can i make these old lenses to be usefull???

these two old lenses are:

1 smc pentax 1:4/200
1 rmc tokina 28mm 1:2.8

so my question is:

there´s some kind of adapter for old lenses like that to fit on a canon 7d body camera???
or a DIY way to build adapters that can do this job???

thanks everybody

Try looking on ebay to see if an adapter exists. You'll need a converter to EF or EF-S and chances are you are going to lose autofocus even if it is compatible.

I'm actually more interested in how you got your free 7D? :) I know a friend that lives in Canada (Quebec) that benefited in mispricing of the 7D on bestbuy.ca (only works in Quebec cause the law requires the honoring of listing price) The 7D was listed at 10% of the value (217.09 instead of 2170.99).

Using old lenses on a new body is more for the advanced photographer because you will be using manual focus and metering

thanks a lot for everyone who wrote a reply....
if anyone knows more information, let me know too...hehehehh
AlexL.... my 7d was an antecipate birthday gift..... there´s no miracle...heheheheh
once again, thanks to all....

I wouldn't really recommend any adapters for your old lenses...

If you just need to get up and snapping, spend a hundred bucks and get a decent Canon 50mm lens that fits, brand new..

Then decide what good glass you need once you get your feet wet.....:D

As above, don't bother with the adapters just get a proper canon EF or EF-s lens and you won't have to worry about it.

With an adapter you will lose too much function of the lens.

Most reactions

Back