2nd Post First CC

Wiggz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I feel like I might have overdone it a bit in photoshop. This is my first attempt where I REALLY tried. Any thoughts on ANYTHING? Composition, editing, framing....

_DSC0118.jpg

Highway1Pacific-May20102.jpg

I personally like it. the deep blue water and such. But, I think, the picture would have looked a lot better if more of the clouds were showing. IMO.

I really like what you have done there, the waters is very nice, as are the rocks, care to share what you did PP?

Compostionally it doesn't work all that well for me, I have some rocks that look sharp but have nothing of interest other than the colour being nice to my eye and also nice contrasts to the deep blues of the sea.

Then we have the sea itself and sky, sky is a little bland though.

At the same time though, I do like it. :thumbup:

I like it, looks good but the sky blew out. the water looks great! sharp!
I would say crop out the sky in pp but i tried and it takes away from the aaw factor you have. I feel small looking at it. :thumbup:

Here is what i just did. I played around with the sky. It is not the best. Just a quick 2 minute edit. Hope you don't mind.

0000.jpg

The sky looks much more blown out in your processed photo than the original. Looks to me like you still have some detail there that you could use to enhance the image with.

I think that you lost the sky by driving too much contrast into the shot..

There are plenty of ways to bring up the colors and washed out look of the sea and rocks without losing it..

Were you working with a RAW image........:D

I really like what you have done there, the waters is very nice, as are the rocks, care to share what you did PP?

Compostionally it doesn't work all that well for me, I have some rocks that look sharp but have nothing of interest other than the colour being nice to my eye and also nice contrasts to the deep blues of the sea.

Honestly I wish I could tell you haha. I just watched a couple videos that had gradient, masks, layers, and hue work in it and spent a good hour on this one photo just tryin to get familiar with photoshop. I'll post the vids if you want if I can find them again.

Here is what i just did. I played around with the sky. It is not the best. Just a quick 2 minute edit. Hope you don't mind.

0000.jpg

WOW. I like yours a lot better than mine lol. how did you get the sky so dark and details without messing up the rest of the photo? Did you use gradients at all?? haha I have so many questions... you couldn't just give a quick description of what ya did could u??

There are plenty of ways to bring up the colors and washed out look of the sea and rocks without losing it..

Yeah i was a little dissapointed in how blown out it ended up being, but I just got photoshop a couple days ago and ams still learning lol. UNFORTUNATELY I was not working with a raw image. It is a JPEG... I was shooting that whole day in JPEG without realizing it so when I got home I was a little dissapointed haha.

Honestly I wish I could tell you haha. I just watched a couple videos that had gradient, masks, layers, and hue work in it and spent a good hour on this one photo just tryin to get familiar with photoshop. I'll post the vids if you want if I can find them again.

0000.jpg

WOW. I like yours a lot better than mine lol. how did you get the sky so dark and details without messing up the rest of the photo? Did you use gradients at all?? haha I have so many questions... you couldn't just give a quick description of what ya did could u??

Yeah i was a little dissapointed in how blown out it ended up being, but I just got photoshop a couple days ago and ams still learning lol. UNFORTUNATELY I was not working with a raw image. It is a JPEG... I was shooting that whole day in JPEG without realizing it so when I got home I was a little dissapointed haha.

Thanks! Ok, so I actually just opend up both of your images. I clipped the clouds out of the original so I can still have the detail of them, I pasted or dragged that art over onto your edited version. I then just played around with some Levels, Hue/Saturation, shadows/highlights and maybe some color balance. Can't remember for sure about the last one though. When I clipped the clouds I was not exact, meaning I even took some of the water along with it. Then once I brought onto the edited version I just used the eraser tool with a heathly size brush along with a good amount of hardness taken out of the brush. If you look close you can tell I did not erase evenly. Kind of jsut rushed through it. Hope that helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back