Old Pentax MX

Youngun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
After a recent basement cleaning I dug up an old Pentax MX SLR camera (from the 70's I think ??). It's not in the best shape but the only non-superficial wear seems to be that the film advance lever only moves about a half inch. Other than that I think it just needs a clean and it could be fully functional again. Pentax has stopped servicing these cams and my next step is to go by the local Wolf shop and see if they have any ideas. Does anyone know anything about old cameras and repairs? or where to get them repaired? I would at least like to get an estimate to see if it's worth fixing. thanks.

Unless you can find a local repair service, I'd just search on the internet. Your local camera shop is just sending it out, and tacking on a charge. MXs seem to go for about $100 on Ebay, some go as cheap as $70, some over $150.

The MX and the ME are some of the smallest 35mm SLRs built. There is a 40mm lens for these cameras that is very squat, making a very compact complete 35mm SLR. I have an ME in my collection, which is the electronic model, but I'd prefer the MX, which is mechanical.

It's got a 50mm f/2 lens on it. I'm just kind of leary with sending it to someone I can't talk to. Does anyone know a reputable place?

Most reactions

Back