Old Photo/Darkroom Equipment- Help!

mladybg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

My dad passed away a few years back and we are finally able to let go of his beloved camera and darkroom equipment. Problem is- we don't know much about some of the items (i.e. what they are, how much they are worth, etc.). I was hoping someone could help us out?

I know one of these is a color enlarger (Durst C35) but what is it worth? Are there people out there still interested in it?

And the others... I have no idea. The info I found on the web was in German and I couldn't get a good translation...HELP! (Sorry these are not uploaded vertically and I have more pics if you need them.

$photo.JPG$photo3.JPG$photo4.JPG

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
Moved to a forum where it will hopefully attract some of our more film-knowledgeable members. To be frank, I don't think any of those enlargers are worth much. The Durst C35 is a very entry-level/home darkroom unit, and the other two look rather elderly indeed. I'm not an expert by any means, but if they were mine and someone offered me $25 each for them, I'd be very happy. Have a look on Ebay to be an idea of what similar gear is selling for. I would check the lenses though, as some of those can be quite valuable (it's unlikely, but you never know).

Derrel

Mr. Rain Cloud
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Photos OK to edit
OMG--the little cheapie enlarger with the gray, rectangular head??? That was MY FIRST enlarger!!! I still have the thing!

compur

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
I would say it's a whatever-you-can-get situation or perhaps donate to a local school that has a traditional photo class.

vintagesnaps

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
What's in German? a name on the enlarger?? - that gets me intrigued. The first one does look older and offhand reminds me of some earlier Kodak home enlargers.

The second one looks like it says Tower - they sold cameras thru Sears and I've seen darkroom equipment (tanks, trays maybe) made by Tower.

I agree, see what the lenses are... There could be interest from people who are into film photography. You could look at http://www.apug.org/forums/home.php , they have a Classifieds section but you might have to sign up or register to list there. Or Film Photography Project | An Internet Radio Show & On-Line Resource for Film Shooters Worldwide has a fairly active Flickr group, you could ask questions there.

ann

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are not worth much, and in fact even a school that teaches traditional darkroom work won't find much use for them as they aren't going to hold up with heavy use.

I have seen high end enlarger setting out on the curb.

webestang64

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,

My dad passed away a few years back and we are finally able to let go of his beloved camera and darkroom equipment. Problem is- we don't know much about some of the items (i.e. what they are, how much they are worth, etc.). I was hoping someone could help us out?

I know one of these is a color enlarger (Durst C35) but what is it worth? Are there people out there still interested in it?

And the others... I have no idea. The info I found on the web was in German and I couldn't get a good translation...HELP! (Sorry these are not uploaded vertically and I have more pics if you need them.

View attachment 52577View attachment 52578View attachment 52579

Here in St. Louis those are worth nothing. I work at a lab and 2 or 3 times a month I get offers to buy enlargers. Most are just donated or given away for free.
The only enlargers that sell around here are hugh Besler's with motorized head on a big chassis for printing from up to a 4x5 neg. Other than that the Ilford 500H cold light head mounted on said Besler chassis I use in my darkroom still sell for a good price.

Most reactions

New Topics