Old photo + Portrait Pro 15

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought myself Portrait Pro 15 for Christmas, the one with the make-up add on. Not having any recent shoots without make-up to pull from I resurrected this shot from nearly 4 years ago of a friend of my daughter and went to work. This was my first attempt at adding makeup (I also used the light adjustment 'cos the original was pretty flat and brightened up her eyes). As my first attempt it's probably a little heavy, what do you think?

Original
Dawn_00212.jpg

Portrait Pro'd
Dawn_00212b.jpg

Very nice GD. Doesn't look overdone and the color in the cheeks really helps. Glad you left the neck area pretty much alone.

Very nice GD. Doesn't look overdone and the color in the cheeks really helps. Glad you left the neck area pretty much alone.

Thanks guys, I'm quite pleased with the updated program so far. I'm still feeling my way around it but it seems pretty good and as most of my customers can't afford the extra cost of a pro MUA it gives me a few more options. Like the old Portrait Pro you have to apply it lightly and manually and ignore the factory presets or it looks too fake.

That's pretty cool.

The makeup application on this looks quite real and very acceptable.

Interesting Grandad so did you use a preset or does the program allow you to selectively apply make up such as eyeliner , lipstick , rougge etc?

That's pretty cool.
I thought so, too. I've been seeing the upgrade ads for a while and as I had a little spare cash I decided to treat myself.

The makeup application on this looks quite real and very acceptable.
Thanks Derrel. :)

Interesting Grandad so did you use a preset or does the program allow you to selectively apply make up such as eyeliner , lipstick , rougge etc?
I've been using Portrait Pro for several years so I've learned never to trust presets unless I've created them myself for a batch on the same subject. One size doesn't fit all! No, you can start from absolute scratch, select which items to use, patterns, colours and it uses sliders for the amount. You can put it on with a fine brush or slather it in with a trowel. I use it as a PS plug in but apparently it now works in RAW and can be used in LR, too.

I'm trying to persuade SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED to pose for a head shot without make-up so I can give it a really serious test. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back