What's new

old port (part 2!!)

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 3, 2005
Messages
2,599
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal, Canada
Ok, well here's the second part of my amazing walk at the old port. I sor of made a compromise here: 2 sepias, 2 B&W's and since not everyone is a fan of these, one in color. Tell me what you think of them:

1. Silos...
Silos2.jpg


2. A part of the docks
Port2.jpg


3.
Rails.jpg


4. For some reason i don't know, I don't really like this one, but it looks good in sepia...
Ecluses.jpg


5.
Urbanism.jpg
 
;-)
oh, btw, for the tourists among us: the industrial mess is not the only part of the port...
 
ServerKill said:
i love sepia. and your photos look nice in sepia.. but they seem a little too orange? or is that my monitor?

:mrgreen: Thanks!!!
Actually, it might be a bit too orange cause the sun was just so amazingly bright and it was reflecting everywhere. I actually had to put my hand over the camera for some shots...:confused:
 
The one of the locks had me think immediately: "Oh, railing cropped". Sorry!

And I like the additional one best of the series, for the rust is really cool, closely followed by the first with the patterns of "mended" silos --- don't know how to express myself properly this morning...

As I mentioned already in one of my previous reply posts to your pictures, I have for once set my little camera to sepia mode and took "an Alexandra-photo" (;)), but I find the inbuilt sepia too strong. Too orange. Not that I didn't like sepia tinted pictures at all, it's not that, but I find the inbuilt camera-effect (of my camera) too strong.
 
hmmm... makes me wonder... actually i think i've never seen 'real' sepia, so i can't compare... hmm, i've gotta see some. Actually the reason why i like it so much, is that one day, I was reading through Nationl Geographic's "100 best vintage photos" and they were almost all sepia and i loved it a lot. Guess it left a print on me.
Yeah, i've gotta see some real sepia some day... ;-)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom