Old stump, new life.

There are rules and there is advice but in the end just do it the way you want, what you do will make your photos your own style and thats all that counts

i love this old stump and don't see anything wrong with the first image.

Thanks, everyone. I don't really crop my photos much, mainly try and compose when they are shot, unless I don't have enough zoom on my lens and want to crop the subject closer.

I truly appreciate everyone's input. I have lots to learn.

what an awesome find, love old gnarly things like that, did you use a flash on that ?
personally I like the first edit over the cropped version, I'm a huge fan of UWA and the more beauty in frame the better plus I like how it sits in the original, the tree sits in the right 1/3 of the image which compositionally works for me,, nice capture

Maybe tone back the blue saturation or vibrance just a tad? I understand the appeal of it, but it is done in SO MANY photos

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I like the first one it may not be as well balanced as the crop but like they say "rules are meant to be broken" lol .... what I like about the first shot is that you have a nice silhouette starting high and slowly dropping to the tree (1 leading line) than you also have the edge of the lake giving you the 2nd leading line... I personally like the first shot... more drama to it... just my 2 cents... but I'm still learning as well

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

New Topics

Back