What's new

Old tractor C&C please

rgregory1965

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
711
Reaction score
84
Location
arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out of camera

1.
DSC_0488.jpg





Tone mapped and chain removed

2.
DSC_04881.jpg
 
Nice images, I can't decide which one I like better - maybe #2. My only nit would be that the "cropping" is a little tight - you cut off a small piece of the front wheel. I would give this a bit more area between the subject and the frame - closely cropped images can be a little busy, so you often need a bit of background, out of focus of course, to cut down on this busy-ness - IMHO.

____________________
WesternGuy
 
I agree. They are great images and I am a fan of HDR though I'm not sure about it on this one, an like western guy says I think the crop I a little to tight. It makes the images a little busy. Subject and comp is great though
 
Nice job removing the chain. If you hadn't posted the original I might not have noticed it right away. As others have said, the crop is just too tight. This just makes it look cramped.
 
Tight crop might've been more acceptable had you included a model in the pic as the main subject
[h=6][/h]
 
I like the image without the chain, but prefer the original over the tone mapped. I also agree with the others about the tight crop, though I have to say I'm guilty of doing the same thing at times. ;)
 
I really liked the rusty look of the edited version...removing the chain helped it way ahead..... tight cropping can be an inevitable curse sometimes

Regards :D
 
Bit of a jog in the front wheels where you've removed the chain.
 
Thanks....my first time removing a item from a photo....sorry on the tight crop....its kind of a small farming museum and there are about 20 pcs of old farm equip crmped into a very tight space....only way to pull only the tractor out was to crop tight...other wise there would have been several part to other tractors in the photo....thanks again.
 
Tight crop might've been more acceptable had you included a model in the pic as the main subject
[h=6][/h]

That would have been awsome....but this was a shot I grabbed on the way home from work.....I might have to reshoot and find me a pretty model....lol
 
Small Privately owned museum in Glendale AZ....not sure of the name, been there forever
 
You gave it a rustier look and the lack of the chain means that there are less distracting elements. Quite good, actually.
 
I prefer the second image because it does eliminate the annoying chain and you can see the interesting details of the tractor - such as what's going on "under the hood" or with the spokes on the tires. However, I can see where it looks a bit "artificial". I know you'd have to remove the chain again, but I wonder if you could blend the two images to soften the colors but retain the details?
 
at first glance I was gonna say "nice job on the chain", however when I looked closer, you can see it a lot. I am a stickler for detail though, not having known there was a chain, its good...only part I would be able to tell was on the front wheels without further inspection. thats a good image to practice on to perfect your editing though.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom