Old West - Antlers Hotel Lobby - Walden Co.

I rather like the original version with its sun and shadows. It spurs the imagination of cowboys and cautious hoteliers and constant dusting of wood and glass.

It is a bit dark, but more traditional! Might play with it some more... Thanks!

if you want the room to fell warmer just shoot it in the golden hours! You can also use a tilt shift lens for some architectural photography. If you intended this shot as a commercial shot, its great!

Very nice shot. the place looks very comfortable.

Thanks! Yep.... there was one old boy in boots, stetson and jeans snoozing on the couch last week... boots up on the table, hat over his face. I wanted to get a shot of him, but he was gone when I returned with camera.

if you want the room to fell warmer just shoot it in the golden hours! You can also use a tilt shift lens for some architectural photography. If you intended this shot as a commercial shot, its great!

I will keep that in mind! There are no windows on the west side, so it would be VERY dark in the "golden hours"... lol! No.. just for fun, not commercial!

Thanks! I don't do clients anymore, except in very rare cir***stances! This was just for fun! I got several other angles in the room also... including some shot just of the fireplace. Would love to visit in the winter when that is loaded and fired up.

nice, I've liked the architectural HDR's you've posted recently, the HDR work is nice and clean. what software are you using to combine them?

that 14-24 + D800 is a great combo, I do some architectural work too and love that combo too, along with the D800 and 24mm PCE.

Thanks! I don't do clients anymore, except in very rare cir***stances! This was just for fun! I got several other angles in the room also... including some shot just of the fireplace. Would love to visit in the winter when that is loaded and fired up.

nice, I've liked the architectural HDR's you've posted recently, the HDR work is nice and clean. what software are you using to combine them?

that 14-24 + D800 is a great combo, I do some architectural work too and love that combo too, along with the D800 and 24mm PCE.

Thanks! I use Photomatix Pro 4.1.1.. it does a decent job of exposure fusion.. and I finish them up in PS!

Beautifully shot and layered! So warm and cozy. I love using HDR this way.
ONly one cc :)
Watch the verticals. Lightroom has an awesome lens correction tool for barrel and vertical correction. I use it a lot with my Sigma 10-20 when shooting interiors.

Beautifully shot and layered! So warm and cozy. I love using HDR this way.
ONly one cc :)
Watch the verticals. Lightroom has an awesome lens correction tool for barrel and vertical correction. I use it a lot with my Sigma 10-20 when shooting interiors.

Thanks... will check that out! I don't usually shoot anything but macro and landscape... so have some stuff to learn! :)

Very well done HDR! Looks great. Nice processing, and you can certainly gloat about that combo of equipment you've got there. :thumbsup:

Mark

Very well done HDR! Looks great. Nice processing, and you can certainly gloat about that combo of equipment you've got there. :thumbsup:

Mark

Thanks, Mark! I enjoyed shooting that, and working with it in PP. I do love the gear!

As requested.. I warmed up the wood in the back of the image. It does indeed make it a nicer image. I also ordered a 8x12 print of it to send to the hotel as a thank you for an excellent stay.

7363047060_1326a81e66_b.jpg

Antlers Lobby HDR by CGipson Photography, on Flickr

As requested.. I warmed up the wood in the back of the image. It does indeed make it a nicer image. I also ordered a 8x12 print of it to send to the hotel as a thank you for an excellent stay.

Funny you talk so much crap about hdr and then here you go....If I or someone else would have posted this you would have nothing but negative comments.

Your colors don't look natural. the floor is orange and whats up with that neon electric plant on the left? My eyes burn.....

Funny you talk so much crap about hdr and then here you go....If I or someone else would have posted this you would have nothing but negative comments.

Your colors don't look natural. the floor is orange and whats up with that neon electric plant on the left? My eyes burn.....

hahaha.. just straight exposure fusion... none of that ugly A$$ tone mapping! That floor IS that color... a very warm honey gold... and that is one of those ugly plastic/silk fake plants! I didn't get any comments from any of the Overly TONE MAPPED HDR haters on here, and they would blast me just like anyone else if I made HDR cartoons! :)

hahaha.. just straight exposure fusion... none of that ugly A$$ tone mapping! That floor IS that color... a very warm honey gold... and that is one of those ugly plastic/silk fake plants! I didn't get any comments from any of the Overly TONE MAPPED HDR haters on here, and they would blast me just like anyone else if I made HDR cartoons! :)

Thats not even an HDR, get your story straight.

Exposure Fusion is the process of creating a low dynamic range (LDR) image from a series of bracketed exposures. Its not HDR (High Dynamic Range). HDR process produces an image that tries to capture the true nature of light in an environment, while Exposure Fusion simply tries to produce a single well exposed LDR using multiple LDR's.

Just thought if you were going to post this you should at least know what you are talking about.

And silk fake plant or real...they are not that glow in the dark in real life...thats just an excuse.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back