Older lenses for fun list (not to expensive)

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
looking at some peoples gear signature many have what I assume to be off brand older lenses. I decided to get an m42 to canon adapter, I may yet pick up a contax to canon also. There are hundreds of m42 cheap lenses on ebay but its like a bowl of spagetti, where do you start. I don't particularly need any specific type of lens but thought that it might be interesting if some of the more experienced could recommend some older lenses that one may be able to pick up for a bargain. I think a Yaschica 135mm f2.8 will be my first experiment with this as it looks like it could be a really nice portrait lens.

What do you recommend?

I have a Yaschica 135 that's fun, but not wonderful. It's quite low contrast, but decently sharp.

Some of the old Zeiss for Contax mount is a great deal, don't know what you want to be spending though.

I've also eyed the Zeiss 20mm Flektogon for M42, seems like it could be a good deal.

I have a Yaschica 135 that's fun, but not wonderful. It's quite low contrast, but decently sharp.

Some of the old Zeiss for Contax mount is a great deal, don't know what you want to be spending though.

I've also eyed the Zeiss 20mm Flektogon for M42, seems like it could be a good deal.
Have you any pictures from the Yashica. I may buy this but when looking I found an optomax 135mm f2.8 and purchased this, waiting for arrival, also picked up a pentacon 200mm f4, but still waiting for an adapter to try out

I just picked up a tampon 300mm f2.8 IF LD SP for $600 bucks. They pop up once and awhile. Returned the 300mm f4.5 ais for it. The ais was $350 and a fun lens bet this f2.8 is much better during the golden hours.

I just picked up a tampon 300mm f2.8 IF LD SP for $600 bucks. They pop up once and awhile. Returned the 300mm f4.5 ais for it. The ais was $350 and a fun lens bet this f2.8 is much better during the golden hours.

There are times when proofreading is a good thing.... ;-)

I like my Tokina 500mm and Sigma 600mm.

There are times when proofreading is a good thing.... ;-)

Lol, damn Ipad.

Come on, tampons, Ipads, change the subject

Come on, tampons, Ipads, change the subject

There I changed the font to comic sans type, you were being sarcastic right?

Most reactions

Back