Oldskool is cool

bhop

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got this stuff from my friend's dad for a great price... thought i'd show it off. Enjoy.

Nikon FE with 50mm f/1.4

Tamron Adaptall 2, 200-500mm (it's heavy)

I got an FE, has light leaks, but it's a dynamite body!

i bet you need the af-s lenses for that......

I've got the FE2 and I love it! Easy to use, and that Nikkor glass is excellent. I love my 50/1.4. I've never shot with anything that fast before--I started out with a K1000 and my lens was a 2.8.

Good buy!

And it's a black body too. Most of them were chrome. Looks like a great combo, now let's see it shoot.

You might be able to find an MD-12 on ebay or craigslist for cheap, they make it more robust. I have one on my FE and it makes holding it with my gargantuan hands feasible.

You might be able to find an MD-12 on ebay or craigslist for cheap, they make it more robust. I have one on my FE and it makes holding it with my gargantuan hands feasible.

I actually got an MD-12 with it. (and 55mm Micro Nikkor, cable release, and SB-10 speedlight) I might try the grip out sometime, but one thing I like about the old SLR's is the small size.. that grip kinda ruins that.. heh, heh.

It's tough to get used to this camera after using the K1000 for so long. Meter's on the other side of the viewfinder, so that's a little weird. The shutter speed dial is opposite of the K1000 too so that keeps trippin' me up (fe rotates counterclockwise for slower speeds, pentax clockwise), but so far the camera's nice. It had just been completely serviced by Nikon before I bought it, so it feels practically new. I have about 10-12 shots left on the roll, so we'll see how it works soon. (hopefully i'll have some keepers)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back