Olympus 1,600 mm for $150, can this be real?

Somebody posted pictures taken with this lens before, and they were not good. Even the centre of the frame was not sharp and chromatic aberrations were horrendous. Check the thread here. No need for a magazine test to see that the quality of this lens is really low.

Actually that was about what I expected for that price. Don't compare it to 300mm or 400mm lenses. I would suspect that image quality does not compare too badly with most lenses that shoot to 1600mm or beyond on a crop body. It is the functionality that is terribly limited.

skieur

Anybody buying Olympus is a joke...

Why is buying Olympus a joke? I have no issues with mine. It is a very nice camera.
I would not worry to much about that people who think one system is a joke usually do not truly get any system. Most all of the (top 5) Manufactures of dslr produce cameras good enough for most any professional to still do their job.
Plus if you think Olympus is such a joke you have never had a chance to compare the majority of their lenses. How ever some one is laughing.

reading the whole post in context I think it was an attempt at sarcasm - though as we all know (and have just proved ;)) sarcasm does not work on the internet without excessive smilie use :);)

Anybody buying Olympus is a joke...

Why is buying Olympus a joke? I have no issues with mine. It is a very nice camera.

It is easy for those with severely limited experience, to call a camera they have never used a joke. I have seen Olympus photos taken outside almost in the dark with flash that have turned out extremely well lit and sharp.
Their lenses compare with any others.

skieur

It is not being sold by Amazon. It is being sold by 47st Photo on the Amazon site. Which has been hocking these kiddie toys for a while now.

I bought my Sigma 70-300 from 47st Photo on eBay, and I called Sigma subsequently because I had a question about the lens.. I told them where I bought it, what I paid and asked if they were a reputable dealer, and they said yes.. So, knowing where I bought it, they still helped me with my questions-this tells me that Sigma has a favorable opinion of them. That should be enough.

It is easy for those with severely limited experience, to call a camera they have never used a joke. I have seen Olympus photos taken outside almost in the dark with flash that have turned out extremely well lit and sharp.
Their lenses compare with any others.

skieur

I'm fairly sure they were kidding about Olympus being a joke.

Amazon stores tend to be legitimate (if they are not it damages amazons reputation so they make sure they are legit stores - its not like ebay markets) however just because a store is a legitimate does not mean that they only sell quality products ;)

It is being sold by 47st Photo on the Amazon site. Which has been hocking these kiddie toys for a while now.

asked if they were a reputable dealer, and they said yes.. So, knowing where I bought it, they still helped me with my questions-this tells me that Sigma has a favorable opinion of them. That should be enough.

Nobody said that 47st wasn't legitimate, but these lenses still are kiddie toys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back