olympus 12-40 mm f2.8 vs panasonic leica 12-60 f2.8/4 on olympus e-m10 mkii

I've tried both and owned the 12-60 Pana Leica. I was disappointed with the Olly but think the one I used may have been slightly off, it was nowhere as sharp as other Olly lenses I had used (my friend basically owned every decent one made so I got to try quite a lot of them).

The Pana Leica was better (but read above) and I would say a very good flexible lens, but for what it is I think overpriced, it's not excellent in my opinion.

Where to go from there I don't know, but I'd guess from all I've read and seen I'd guess that the Olly if working correctly would be the better lens.

If you go m43 it's really worthwhile having faster lenses as your dof options are more limited in use than larger format kits

I should probably add that the included lens hood on the Olympus 12-40 2.8 is a steaming pile of horse crap. Do yourself a favor and order the Vello 12-40 hood when (if) you order the lens. Really can't understand the logic here. Just such garbage - all it does is make one question the quality of the lens (which is really quite excellent). Thing fell apart the 3rd outing. Lost the springs and the replacement is expensive. FU Olympus.
I must have gotten a decent one? I'm still using it nearly 2 years later. I have heard about the lens hood falling apart, though, so thanks for the recommended replacement just in case.

How can i understand if my lens works as it should ?
i finally ordered olympus....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back