Olympus camera division sold

That is unfortunate, losing a photography business is detrimental to our industry and way of life. Times are changing, lets photograph it.

I wondered what was happening when they had a deal for a free EM1X (with the purchase of three very expensive lenses).

Sad to hear, but I guess I expected it. I’ll keep using my Oly stuff until it poops out or I decide I want to switch brands.

I wondered what was happening when they had a deal for a free EM1X (with the purchase of three very expensive lenses .

Wow, that sounds like a great promotion!

I wondered what was happening when they had a deal for a free EM1X (with the purchase of three very expensive lenses .

Wow, that sounds like a great promotion!
It really was/is! The promotion is still on..

https://getolympus.com/freeomd?utm_...ail_etprm&utm_medium=email&sfmc_sub=153386541

91A2EF9C-4428-4951-9099-6B6DF7B0BE43.jpeg

According to the announcement, the "camera company" is still continuing, under new ownership and perhaps under a new name. Products, and development, are announced to be continuing.

Pentax has been bought and sold twice within the past decade, and still you can buy a Pentax camera or Pentax lenses. Let's hope for the same thing with Olympus.

Sadly private equity usually loads a company in a declining market with a lot of debt then cashes out and the company can’t handle the debt and liquidates.

Most reactions

Back