Olympus e-510

bikefreax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read that almost everyone uses either a Canon or Nikon. I bought the Olympus e-510 with the 2 lenses and was wondering how many others have this camera? Also wondering what othe lenses you might have got for it.

at one point i wanted this camera, but i am so happy i went with a nikon d70. Im sorry but the lens selection in 4/3rds is not only sparse but expensive.

I have the E-510/14-42 mm and no immediate plans for more lens :)

The deciding factor for me was the live view for studio shots, I'm "training" myself to use the viewfinder more though and am still happy with my decision.

4/3 system and expensive lens is not a problem, you do get what you pay for.....

Cheers, Don.

I just noticed this thread. I bought the E-510 with the 2 lens kit and am loving it. I have had it for maybe 2 weeks now but the results are very good. I am practicing on my nephews and nieces as family photography is what I bought the camera for.

As for lenses I am on the hunt for a nice 11-22 ZD lens or if I feel rich their 12-60 ZD lens. When the kids get into soccer and whatnot I will spring for the 50-200 SWD lens. It isn't a cheap hobby but it sure is fun :).

I brought a O-E510 about two weeks ago. I did some research and comparison and decided the 510 was right for me.

Funny this thread should come up again :)

Two months ago I said I had no immediate plans for more lenses, well....

I upgraded from the 14-42, 3.5 - 5.6 to the 14-54, 2.8 - 3.5 and bought a 40-150, 3.5 - 4.5....

I've also noticed that I'm using the live view now mostly for indoor studio shots.

Very happy with my choice of camera.

Cheers, Don

I have the E-500. Is the E-510 a newer camera? I really do like Olympus... I've noticed that the colors come out very vivid and the camera will capture detail in bad light that many other brands won't capture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back