What's new

OMG!!! Not Yet ..... SNOW !!!

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
935
Reaction score
173
Location
S. Idaho
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2 days ago, I was wearing shorts !! This morning I wake up to SNOW !! I'll tell ya', it's just toooooo early! I'm just getting my putting stroke where I want it!

Anyway - Making my Mom always told me to make Chocolate Moose out of a Sow's ear... or something like that.. I decided to make the best of it - Back to the rose garden...

1
3981453247_ce4a0f06d7_b.jpg


2
3981481625_85e3b149ff_b.jpg


3
3982211584_3b71c3edcc_b.jpg


4
3982214496_6305f2c26c_b.jpg
 
WOOHOOOO! Snowboarding seasons a comin! :p

Nice pictures.
 
Snow??? Where do you live? I wish I could afford to migrate. My body doesn't like to operate in the cold :greenpbl:
 
Snow??? Where do you live? I wish I could afford to migrate. My body doesn't like to operate in the cold :greenpbl:

So Idaho ... I think (hope) this is just an early oddity... It's mostly melted already, but - I'm not a winter outdoor person... just long enough to snap some pictures, and back inside to my guitar...

Winters are normally pretty long..... :(
 
:gah:I am so jealous.

I hate SoCal.
 
:gah:I am so jealous.

I hate SoCal.

You are just a few hours from snow, I ski mammoth all the time, tons of snow. Where else can you ski & surf?

Mammoth is a little over 6 hours away. Tahoe is a bit further than that. Locally we have Big Bear which has 2 resorts (Snow Summit and Bear Mountain), and Mountain High in Wrightwood.

Mt. Baldy is also close, but it takes a VERY good winter before it's worth going there.

But we won't be seeing snow for another 1.5-2 months and the resorts won't open for at least 2.
 
:gah:I am so jealous.

I hate SoCal.

You are just a few hours from snow, I ski mammoth all the time, tons of snow. Where else can you ski & surf?

Mammoth is a little over 6 hours away. Tahoe is a bit further than that. Locally we have Big Bear which has 2 resorts (Snow Summit and Bear Mountain), and Mountain High in Wrightwood.

Mt. Baldy is also close, but it takes a VERY good winter before it's worth going there.

But we won't be seeing snow for another 1.5-2 months and the resorts won't open for at least 2.

I know, I live in Oceanside thus 6.7 to 7 hrs to Mammoth to me but well worth the drive compared to skiing local mountains. I love the steeps & powder!
 
You are just a few hours from snow, I ski mammoth all the time, tons of snow. Where else can you ski & surf?

Mammoth is a little over 6 hours away. Tahoe is a bit further than that. Locally we have Big Bear which has 2 resorts (Snow Summit and Bear Mountain), and Mountain High in Wrightwood.

Mt. Baldy is also close, but it takes a VERY good winter before it's worth going there.

But we won't be seeing snow for another 1.5-2 months and the resorts won't open for at least 2.

I know, I live in Oceanside thus 6.7 to 7 hrs to Mammoth to me but well worth the drive compared to skiing local mountains. I love the steeps & powder!

I would have agreed with you in the past, but not any longer. Mammoth is leaving its roots and trying to become the next Park City or Aspin.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom