What's new

OMGIRLOL

Kazooie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
138
Location
Alaska
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_1872.jpg


IMG_1874.jpg


Sister's first prom, I'm liking taking pictures of people, and I think these came out pretty good, thoughts?
 
the second one is the best aside from the fact that her eyes are about completely blacked out, its just a bit creepy
 
The black holes in place of eyes is REALLY not working, and it's a pretty deep black going on in the mouth as well - not really doing anything for that smile. Also, I'm a big fan of high saturation, but not on skin - I'd say that needs to be toned back a bit. The background, with the driveway markers, does not say "prom". The pose in 1, with hands on hips, is demanding, bold and manly, rather than typical "I feel pretty in this dress" prom style. The skin looks a bit plastic.
 
the second one is the best aside from the fact that her eyes are about completely blacked out, its just a bit creepy
Thanks, I'm not sure how I missed the eyes earlier. She was wearing a bit of they eye makeup, but I don't think it was that much. Maybe if I doubled the exposure it would be better?
The black holes in place of eyes is REALLY not working, and it's a pretty deep black going on in the mouth as well - not really doing anything for that smile. Also, I'm a big fan of high saturation, but not on skin - I'd say that needs to be toned back a bit. The background, with the driveway markers, does not say "prom". The pose in 1, with hands on hips, is demanding, bold and manly, rather than typical "I feel pretty in this dress" prom style. The skin looks a bit plastic.
Awww, really? I thought it was ok for my firstish time! :lol:

Seriously though, I see what you mean. I'll admit it, I didn't really take the time when shooting/pping because they were just for her facebook/mother.
 
if you double the exposure you might just over expose the picture, if you have any reflectors or anything to direct the natural light towards her face that would work better
 
Well you have a photo record of this very special event and your sister sure looks beautiful and happy. So on a personal level you have captured some wonderful moments for you entire family to have forever.:thumbup:
 
Yay, that means they didn't completely fail! :)

In that case, here's one of her and her "date".
IMG_1878.jpg
 
I like the last where i read " a long way to go together...." the space in front thus works well for me... I too feel the eyes are problematic in the #2; ...and ya no body's smile could be attractive if he/she has full of metal within the mouth ;)

Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom