On an Island with a Flash

Samerr9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone..

I am really really loving the images of my camera after using the 580exII flash wirelessly.

Below are some photos from yesterday's trip to an island.. Any tips or critiques are really welcomed.. Thanks

amir.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_4047.jpg

amir3.jpg

IMG_3901.jpg

IMG_3948.jpg

No flash from here onwards :)

Shadow.jpg

Fire1.jpg

shadow2.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

I like 5 and 10 the best! But great shots overall.

102 views 1 comment :( :( :(

The photos must be so perfect or so bad to get that much of no comment!

113 views and 1 comment, lol that is less than 1%!!

I would really like to know why!

but.. will still wait :)

The photos are basically just snapshots.

And, btw, your flash would work the exact same if it was wired.

how did you take your fire shots? They are pretty sweet in the way that the detail was captured. Fill me in please. Thanks!

how did you take your fire shots? They are pretty sweet in the way that the detail was captured. Fill me in please. Thanks!

Thank you niccas

The camera setting were

ISO 2000
Shutter speed 1/2000
F 1.8 on Canon 50mm 1.4

On the retouching side, I just sharpened the image a bit on photoshop and added some blacks

And, btw, your flash would work the exact same if it was wired.

Would you please clarify why do you think that the photosare just snapshots? If you think so because of the weak depth of field, I pushed the aprture down to 8-11 inorder to hand a colored sky.

If you can share some tips to improve the photos I will be really thankful.

Regarding thing wireless flash, yeah you are right that the wire will do the same if the flash and the camera are close to each other somehow. In some of those pictures another friend was carrying the flash away about 2 meters away from me.

I disagree with what he said,.

I'd provide some C&C, but I'm not qualified to critique something I know nothing about =p (model photography)

Thank you for commenting.

Please go ahead and comment on any thing you like, especially that those are my friends and not models:p

Everyone can share if he likes a photo or not and why he liked it or not.. Even if that person wasn't a pro photographer!

I think maybe cause there's so many to comment on that it's hard to find a place to begin. I like the silhouettes and fire shots. The ones with flash that I don't care fore are: 2,4,6. This could be composition or just the way they are posed. 4: maybe if he was angled more I'd like it better. 6: feels to tight on the sides. 2: not sure...just kind of boring in lighting and background. I like what your doing and think the others show some possibilities soo keep practicing!

I am floored by # 9. I like #5. I think #7 would be a favorite if you didn't have other subjects in the back ground. Fire photos are crisp also. #10 would have been better with a wider shot (crop is too tight). and someone on here once told me don't try to post more than 3 photos for c&c in one thread. Hope that helps!!

I think maybe cause there's so many to comment on that it's hard to find a place to begin. I like the silhouettes and fire shots. The ones with flash that I don't care fore are: 2,4,6. This could be composition or just the way they are posed. 4: maybe if he was angled more I'd like it better. 6: feels to tight on the sides. 2: not sure...just kind of boring in lighting and background. I like what your doing and think the others show some possibilities soo keep practicing!

Thank you for the comment and I have noted all of the points.. I admit I still have some issues in posing, I need more practice in directing for proper poses :)

Thank you again :)

I really liked the silhouettes. I alot of the photos angles seemed to give a "looking up" perspective at the subject. I think a bit more land in the shots would have helped. Also a bit more variety of shots. You have a variety of poses but all are half body and less. Maybe some full body shots, walking in the distance, etc would tie the set together better. Again I really liked the silhouettes!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back