cfphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisfesslerphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Folks,

I've been racking my brain trying to figure this one out, but can't seem to find or figure out what the appropriate equip. would be to pull this off.

I'm shooting an event in a large fairly dark room. I'd like to use the on camera ttl lens flash (SB600) on my Nikon dslr, and use a trigger to fire a strobe.

The strobe is often out of range to be fired simply as a slave, so for reliable firing I want to trigger it, but don't want to lose my on camera ttl functionality either. I've looked at a couple different brackets/hotshoe adapters, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Does your camera have a PC port?

I do this all the time. I put my flash on the camera (either in the hotshoe or on a bracket with a TTL cable) and then I attach a wireless trigger to the PC port with a cord. I attach the trigger to the flash or the bracket with a rubber band.

The on-camera flash is usually used in TTL mode and the remote flash is just manual control.

How far away (maximum) would the off camera strobe?

With the SB-600 on the hot shoe, I cannot think of any wireless (radio)solutions for you.

Big Mike: It is a D60, so no PC port :thumbdown: Any other options you can think of?

KmH: The strobe would be from 10 to 75ft away. I have a cybersync trigger/reciever for my AB800 strobe.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back