On Responding To Photoshop Usage

What it boils down to is salesmanship. A key salesmanship skill is overcoming buyer objections.

From shutter release to print making I want as much technical and artistic control over the image making process as I can get.
To that goal I make my original photographs using my camera's Raw image digital file type option.
If I used the camera's JPEG digital file type option, the software in the camera that was written by the camera software engineers would be editing my images in the camera.
In other words, all digital images get "photoshopped" - one way or another.
So yes, I use Photoshop to perform basic and advanced edits to my images, because editing my raw image data files with Photoshop accords me more, and much finer technical and artistic control than the in-the-camera JPEG option does.

If your goal is to sell **** to make a living or whatever, then stop photoshopping your work quite so much, since people don't seem to like it.

hahahahahahahahahahah. Oh what a laugh. You should visit a photo competition some day. Neon overshopped HDR garbage that looks like a unicorn threw up on the picture not only sells **** (literally) but it also wins awards.

I obviously meant HIS kind of photoshopping. Almost every photo sold these days has some kind of photoshopping, and people don't care. But whatever he does, people seem to not like it so much. So if he stopped doing as much of it, he would sell more. Pretty straightforward.

I'm not saying that's the right choice. I'm saying that's probably the most profitable choice (short of some extremely clever, large scale marketing framework to spin it in a way people like, which is not most photographers' specialty and may be financially out of reach in terms of hiring others.).

I obviously meant HIS kind of photoshopping. Almost every photo sold these days has some kind of photoshopping, and people don't care. But whatever he does, people seem to not like it so much. So if he stopped doing as much of it, he would sell more. Pretty straightforward.

I'm not saying that's the right choice. I'm saying that's probably the most profitable choice (short of some extremely clever, large scale marketing framework to spin it in a way people like, which is not most photographers' specialty and may be financially out of reach in terms of hiring others.).

There is no good type of photoshopping for those who condemn a photo (no matter what level of editing's been done) simply because it has been 'photoshopped', you might as well try to explain poetry to a monkey.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back