On the ground in Iraq.

As far as making your photos bigger, I'm not sure I get the problem. If they are bigger on Flicker, why don't you embed from Flicker? It might be a stupid question because I'm not a computer guru when it comes to such things :grumpy:

I tried to embed from flickr but couldn't figure it out. I'm going to mess with it now for a few mins to see if I can get it.

Right click on the photo and copy to your post.

I had to to go into view each file, then click view all sizes, then there right-click the URL.
Total pain in the ass.

Oh, but I am happy to see you went all that difficult path, did the "pain in the ass"-thing. They are so much more viewable, and they are GOOD. You managed to capture a piece of LIFE and we get to see it, and we get to see photos we do NOT normally get to see, that life can be normal, and colourful. Any time we get footage in the news, it is about destruction and sadness. So I do appreciate your view on life in Irak.

That's what I look for. Seems like 99% of this country is a sandy brown or grey color. Any time I find color, I try and get what I can.
Thanks. I try to make Iraq look like something other than what you would expect.

I'm grateful to you for that!
I really like the "butterfly girl". And the little boy in black has the cutest of smiles.
I also like to see how the butcher is sharpening his knife.
I don't quite understand what it is I'm seeing in Photo 9, but I must say I like the light in that man's eye, you know, the one who looks to the left.

Well worth the effort of getting them bigger I think...

Some of those are really amazing. :thumbup:

What's with the haughty, moderation LaFoto (?) Reminds me of a 1960's Carry On film with Hattie Jakes as matron.
I didn't find the moderation haughty at all, and hopefully chriswellner didn't either. I did, however, find your comment on her moderation a bit harsh, especially coming from someone who hasn't been part of this community for very long. Lafoto takes a lot of time and effort to comment on photographs (as one can tell from her postcount) and I'd hate to think an unjustified comment (IMO) such as yours would make her think twice about commenting in the future. Just my two cents...

Now, as for the photos.... wow! Chris, I hope you can keep posting lots of pics, despite the bandwidth problems. It is absolutely wonderful to see this part of the world through your eyes. I'm glad you were able to make the pics larger for us. I especially like images 1 (with the produce changing hands), 4 (those are old fashioned weights in and beside the scale-pan, aren't they?!), 6, 7, 9, 10 (that's the Ayatollah's pic in the background, n'est pas?), 12 (especially the shy girl with the shy smile peering out from behind her friend), 13 and 14 (awesome angle!!!) I love market shots: everything from how the stalls are set up, to the bright produce, to how they arrange it and measure it etc etc. Wonderful stuff.

I eagerly await more of your pics :popcorn:

:thumbup: #14

Most reactions

Back