On the Trail

HDPIX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just thought I'd post a few photos I recently took from the trail around the small island I live on in the Atlantic ocean ^.^ It's a great walking trail.

n512007527_475718_3734.jpg

n512007527_475746_4736.jpg

n512007527_475751_9096.jpg

2476651413_cef01bd516.jpg

2471922258_2c8d950f72.jpg

Thanks for viewing!
ps; any feedback is welcome :)

I like the last shot a lot. The textures, colors, etc. The wind turbines is a cool shot but you might be getting some updated turbines in 2009 that will dwarf those in the shot. ;)

The wind turbines is a cool shot but you might be getting some updated turbines in 2009 that will dwarf those in the shot. ;)

Hehe, you are definitely right : ) Although these ones were pretty fascinating when they were first put there...the new hydro power wind turbines will be even more picturesque, so I am told!

Here are another couple of shots of the current wind turbines I recently took..
2487023106_7e1d25ed8b.jpg

2486190359_de55b04677.jpg

:)

Pretty cool stuff. I work for a major wind developer and I don't think ours are going in up there but they'll be about 80 meters tall with each blade being about 37 meters. Should be pretty big and yeah they're kind of cool to take pics of ... mmmm neutral density filters. ;)

Hehe, you are definitely right : ) Although these ones were pretty fascinating when they were first put there...the new hydro power wind turbines will be even more picturesque, so I am told!
:scratch: What does water have to do with a wind turbine? You got me curious now...

I think the first shot is the best compositionally as the path leads the eye through the shot. The white balance seems to be off a bit too, but it works for the first one.

:scratch: What does water have to do with a wind turbine? You got me curious now...

Hydro is the name of the power company that buys the turbines (like Hydro Quebec in Quebec). My company makes the turbines and then sells them to the power companies.

I think the first shot is the best compositionally as the path leads the eye through the shot. The white balance seems to be off a bit too, but it works for the first one.

Well, the hydro windmills are going to make, well, hydrogen :p...the excess power that is left over from what the town does not need will be stored into a hydrogen generator, in the power plant. That stored hydrogen, mixed up from the turbines, ocean and wind, will then be used throughout the town when it needs more energy again.
That's kind of a rough description ^.^
It is very interesting...I'm glad I'm taking environmental studies in university...there are so going to be loads of jobs available! lol

And thanks for the picture comment : )

Haha yessir!! :D I was wondering if there were more here....!

That's in Ramea, on the southwest coast....1 hour from Burgeo!

..I cant seem to send you back a msg...
But yeah, not many around at all, hehe. Nope I don't live in St. Johns..I live in Ramea.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back