On the wings of an angel

Rmac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well actually I think it's a Cherub, but it didn't sound as well as Angel. I know the angle could be better, but it's all he offered. Thanks for looking.

Mac,

bluejay-1.jpg

Now look at those lovely wing feathers! As if they were drawn with colour pencils.
The backlight was a bit harsh for you this time, and your focus highlights those lovely wing feathers, but his eye and beak are ever so slightly out of focus already, but be it... Where do you HIDE in order to take your garden bird photos?

I like the backlighting, helps defing the subject from the background.

Agree of focus of bird. Maybe because the beak was farther back than tail, body of bird and tail is in focus, maybe camera set to shallow DOF or something.

Thank you for the comments. Yes, I know the head is a touch out of focus. I focused on the eye, but then like they always seem to do, the jay made a quick left turn just as the shutter went off, and flew away.:( The blind I use is a pop up hunting blind. I set it up the day before I plan to shoot, resupply the bird feed and have at it. They get pretty used to it, as long as there are no sudden movements they'll stay.

Thanks again,
Mac,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back