On top of Conifer Mountain, at midnight

rkymtnhigh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. I had some free time last night and climbed on top of Conifer mountain to take a few night shots. It was windy and bitter cold, my hands were numb by the time I decided to head back to the truck. It was worth it because I really like both these pics and I fell like I captured what I had envisioned in my head before I even arrived. I know there is always room for improvement and I always value others opinions (good or bad) so if anyone has any C&C I would love to hear from you.

1) Looking over Denver.

2) Wind shaped tree

#2 is impressive.

Wow, both are very good but as timor said #2 is impressive - definitely worth braving the cold!

1 is a bit "meh", I'm a bit confused about what the subject is ment to be, and the competing elements make none really stand out.

2 is pretty cool, but I would have liked to see it framed more evenly,

Did you use any sort of lighting for number 2? Something about it just seems strange to me and I mean that in a good way

Thanks for the feedback.

The lighting and exposure for # 2 was as follows.

18mm @ ISO 3200, f/4.5, 30 seconds. During that 30 seconds I walked about 10ft to the side and walked 2ft forward and flashed the scene with a flash from a point and shoot camera aimed above the tree. My goal was to create some nice shadows on the tree and rocks while not over powering anything in the foreground and keeping the stars in the back ground equally intriguing as the foreground.

Thanks for the feedback.

The lighting and exposure for # 2 was as follows.

18mm @ ISO 3200, f/4.5, 30 seconds. During that 30 seconds I walked about 10ft to the side and walked 2ft forward and flashed the scene with a flash from a point and shoot camera aimed above the tree. My goal was to create some nice shadows on the tree and rocks while not over powering anything in the foreground and keeping the stars in the back ground equally intriguing as the foreground.

Nice effect

^^^yea, I like that too. I initially thought it was ambient city lights.

#2 looks great and is what i hope to acheive once i get into astro-photography in the coming months

no 2 is a picture only i can take in my dreams. I was like, wow :)

# is awesome lighting is killer on it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back