On Top of Half Dome

Jet915

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.naturesamerica.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some random shots on top of Half Dome in Yosemite couple weekends ago.

yosemite138.jpg

yosemite140.jpg

yosemite144.jpg

4. That's me on the top right corner!
yosemitetrip83.jpg

Is it just me or are they all OOF?

Aside from them all being blurry, #3 is the least "snap-shot" looking. However, I think that one is the most OOF.

No Josh, it's a product of really crappy interpolation, I think. There's visible aliasing too.

No Josh, it's a product of really crappy interpolation, I think. There's visible aliasing too.

Maybe I am just really tired, but I'm not sure what you mean. Will you please assist my brain fart? :confused:

Interpolation is whenever a program has to re-interpret the pixels and assign new values. This happens whenever you rotate an image at anything other than 90º angles, or resize an image (both enlarging and making it smaller). Aliasing is when straight edges look jagged and uneven, and that's very evident in the above images. You'll find this page very helpful.

As an aside, as a general rule, it's important to avoid interpolation as much as possible. If you must interpolate an image, do it as few times as possible; in the case of rotating images, this would mean going back to the original if the rotation is off, instead of rotating the already rotated image again.

Interpolation is whenever a program has to re-interpret the pixels and assign new values. This happens whenever you rotate an image and anything other than 90º angles, or resize an image (both enlarging and making it smaller). Aliasing is when straight edges look jagged and uneven, and that's very evident in the above images. You'll find this page very helpful.

Ahh, got it. Thanks!!

Interpolation is whenever a program has to re-interpret the pixels and assign new values. This happens whenever you rotate an image at anything other than 90º angles, or resize an image (both enlarging and making it smaller). Aliasing is when straight edges look jagged and uneven, and that's very evident in the above images. You'll find this page very helpful.

As an aside, as a general rule, it's important to avoid interpolation as much as possible. If you must interpolate an image, do it as few times as possible; in the case of rotating images, this would mean going back to the original if the rotation is off, instead of rotating the already rotated image again.

You are probably right cause I did shrink the size in order to make the file small enough so I can put it on the web. How do you avoid interpolation if you want to decrease the size of an image?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back