One for the portfolio?

Well, to answer your question... It depends what your portfolio is for. What's your niche, what are you trying to present yourself as?

As for the image... It has some nice colors in it, and I find the structure interesting. But for whatever reason, the image doesn't do much for me, and doesn't really hold my attention. It feels very static and out of balance to me. The horizon is pretty close to the center, and even though the pier is what I would assume is the subject, the whole left half of the image is significantly darker than the right half, making it hard for my eye to be interested in what's over there.

I like it, if it was mine I'd be hanging it on the wall. As for a portfolio shot, depends what your portfolio is trying to show.

Well, to answer your question... It depends what your portfolio is for. What's your niche, what are you trying to present yourself as?

As for the image... It has some nice colors in it, and I find the structure interesting. But for whatever reason, the image doesn't do much for me, and doesn't really hold my attention. It feels very static and out of balance to me. The horizon is pretty close to the center, and even though the pier is what I would assume is the subject, the whole left half of the image is significantly darker than the right half, making it hard for my eye to be interested in what's over there.

Landscape photography at the moment. I respect your opinion, it was as close as I could get to having the horizon on one third with the pier on the other. This image has 2 subjects, the sun and the pier and this was the best way imo to display them.

Here is what I did Sam. I changed the curve to S curve.

pier.jpg

Here is what I did Sam. I changed the curve to S curve.

I actually prefer Sam's first edit compared to this. Schwetty, I really like what you did with the colors and the curve but it looks like you introduced a lot of grain..

well.. i cropped a 72ppi version.. so yeah.

Finished the edit, much happier with this one.
I will make sure not to crop it to much on the final one that goes up, but heres the edit with the same crop as the above

HMQky.jpg

I like the colors in this edit a ton better than the first two. The first two almost seemed like a painting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back