One from last night - A night at the Opera

JRPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jasonrowphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the spectacular Opera House in my home town of Odessa. Always a good place for a image or two.

p147672956-5.jpg

That is just stunning..nice work! Your colors are so rich. That is something I seem to lack in a lot of my images. How do you get that richness of color?

Im a little confused at how you took this picture. The flare around the lights seems different in some of the street lights. The one greenish blue light in the center of the image has more of a halo flare which you tend to get with more of a wide open aperature. I see that you shot at f9, but the street lights seem to be reminiscent of an fstop around f22. Did you use some kind of filter on the lense to get this look?

BTW colors look great and its a nice crisp image...good job in my opinion.

Im a little confused at how you took this picture. The flare around the lights seems different in some of the street lights. The one greenish blue light in the center of the image has more of a halo flare which you tend to get with more of a wide open aperature. I see that you shot at f9, but the street lights seem to be reminiscent of an fstop around f22. Did you use some kind of filter on the lense to get this look?

No filters, it 100% natural, I shot raw, judged the white balance on site and tweaked in aperture. No saturation added. This is about as pure as D3 image can go in terms of manipulation. Regarding the light, there is a simple answer I think, the glass in the light was broken and this caused the starburst effect. Quite lucky really.

Jason

hahah awesome....Its like that in all 3 of them.. I know there are star effect filters, but it must be the type of glass that they are. Anyways it gives a wonderful effect to the image....Great job i really like it

i guess he used a closed aperture to have lights like that? btw, the colors are fantastic, I agree with decaphotography

Never been inside, you have to but a ticket for the Opera and I am not going to sit through 4 hours of fat ladies singing :lol:

The aperture was f9, not closed down. I am really not sure why I have got the pretty starbusts but I if find out I will patent it because they look so much better that starburst filters

I'm amazed at your claim to how little processing this RAW file went through. Bravo D3's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back