One from Zion and an Old Fence

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had a little time to head up to Zion National Park yesterday. I just did a pretty short hike, the Emerald Pools. This one was taken from the Upper Emerald Pool. It was a little hard to get a decent picture because of so many people walking in front of the shot as well as the wind pouring straight down the canyon. I also just noticed it seems a little overexposed.

IMG_0789.jpg

Canon 5D Mark II w/24-105L, Warming Filter, Tripod, ISO 100, f/22 @ 2sec

Then this one was taken after returning home for the night. Just an old horse pen. I know there are tire tracks in the bottom left, but unfortunately I arrived a little late and didn't have much time to set up before the sun went down.

IMG_0794.jpg

Same equipment as above but at f/5.6 @ 1/50 sec.

C&C welcome

You have a beautiful camera and lens combo there...

I like #2. I almost wish the fence kept going until coming to a vanishing point. It's really pretty though and I wouldn't crop it or mess with it in any other way.

#1 - just wish I could see a LITTLE more from up top. The exposure looks ok to me, I'm iffy on the white balance though. I don't have the best eye for this stuff, but there's some bluish tint in the highlights. It looks like the camera over compensated for the warming filter? Just a guess (I'm a noob).
Although exif backs up my theory: White Balance = auto (0)

Thanks for the advice. I'm heading back up to Zion National Park tomorrow to the same place and will try playing with the white balance a bit.

So jealous of your camera and lens combo...

In the first shot, the colors seem too warm almost. I'm no expert though... And I love the fence but also wish it went on into infinity.

Can't wait to see more!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back