One Grad Pic C and C plz

LarryMartin830

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the first portrait i ever took i just wondered how i did....besides the blow out on the top right

I don't know much about lighting, but the bright sky, the bright rhododendrons, and the bright white gown make her face get lost. The background might be too busy for this shot to work well. If I were given this challenge, I'd look for a darker background, without sky. Please keep in mind I have no experience in portraiture.

It is not bad for a very first attempt.
Like you're saying yourself: the bright sky is a distraction, you have noticed that already, and the Bitter Jeweller is underlining your observation - and I would have to do so, too, if you hadn't come to that self same conclusion already.
You could still try to crop the photo some, to get rid of as much of the bright sky as you can, and then apply curves or levels once again - you then might up the highlights some more and bring out her face. A bit of mild midtone dodging at very low % (only 6 or so) might also help show her face some more. (All this if you have Photoshop, I don't know if the vocabulary is the same in other post processessing programmes?).

It is not bad for a very first attempt.
Like you're saying yourself: the bright sky is a distraction, you have noticed that already, and the Bitter Jeweller is underlining your observation - and I would have to do so, too, if you hadn't come to that self same conclusion already.
You could still try to crop the photo some, to get rid of as much of the bright sky as you can, and then apply curves or levels once again - you then might up the highlights some more and bring out her face. A bit of mild midtone dodging at very low % (only 6 or so) might also help show her face some more. (All this if you have Photoshop, I don't know if the vocabulary is the same in other post processessing programmes?).
yes i have photoshop

but like i said this was my first i will get better in time

Most reactions

Back