What's new

One Last Drive in 2012 Slow Shutter Shots

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Slow shutter shots, say that ten times fast!
Mr. Rabbit and I went for a little drive today, what better way to end the year than to take some shots of one of my favourite subjects ;)

These will be among my favourite shots of this year.
Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!







 
These are very nice. The first one almost looks like artwork to me since the middle of the tower is stretched out further than the rest - almost looks surreal. How were you able to do that?

Edit: I meant the comment for #1 as a compliment - but forgot to mention that lol. I really dig it.
 
Last edited:
These seem kind of blurry? Maybe,yes? Perhaps a tripod would have helped, or maybe try using flash. I like to shoot photos with my DSRL camera! And sometimes, an adjustment or two with Pacasso can help.You are wonderful though, so keep the pictures coming. :sexywink:
 
Personally I like#1 a lot! I actually like the fact that they don't line up, it makes it interesting. Picture 2 is close enough to being sharp that I think it would just be better sharp, imo at least. I also like black and white on 1.

Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks guys :)

Tagan, panning the towers from a moving vehicle with slow shutter speed, this was through branches of a tree Settings: 1/4ƒ/16ISO 100180 mm

Derrel, damn, I'm doing it wrong... AGAIN! I'll get it right yet ;)

Parker, fair enough on the second, I like that it is just on the edge of focus but it is still "easy to look at", not sure how else to describe it ...
 
Tell Mr Rabbit that he did a great job ...maybe he will take you again.... you did not do bad yourself I really like the second shot ...very cool!!
 
Thanks Mully, Mr. Rabbit says he just keeps us out of the rhubarb but thanks! lol
 
tagan said:
These are very nice. The first one almost looks like artwork to me since the middle of the tower is stretched out further than the rest - almost looks surreal. How were you able to do that?

Edit: I meant the comment for #1 as a compliment - but forgot to mention that lol. I really dig it.

I consider it to be the highest compliment any time one of my shots is compared to artwork, thank you ;)
 
The first one is a BIG win and should feel at home among your best. Now go outside and try to replicate the effect shooting other subjects, like giraffes for example :)
 
Haha, thanks Invis, well, Africa IS on the "want to go there someday" list ... Or maybe a scooter at the zoo?... ;)
 
Why, you guys don't have wild giraffes roaming the streets over there in Ontario?
 
I wish! But we do have llamas, bison and ostrich!
 
I wish! But we do have llamas, bison and ostrich!
That's unfortunate. I take it you live in a big city. Here we have giraffes, emus and of course mosquitoes. Frigging deer too.
 
Thanks Amber :)

Invis, I finally found my New Years Resolution ... I shall find as many giraffes as I can in Ontario in 2013!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom