cascadesjohn
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Feb 15, 2010
- Messages
- 8
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Salem, Oregon
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I'm a fascinated amateur, not a pro. Just learning digital photography. For my Nikon D80 I have the 50mm kit lens, a fixed wide-angle lens, and a 70-300mm zoom. Changing lenses is the pain that I didn't foresee when I started throwing my money around
. Should I sell all three lenses and buy a Tamron 18-270mm lens with vibration control that I see advertised in the latest issue of "Outdoor Photographer"? I suspect lenses that are dedicated to a single task -- wide angle, telephoto, etc. - - do those things better than a lens that tries to do each of those things. Opinions on the truth of that statement? Any thoughts on how disappointed or happy I'd be making the above switch?