One Lens to Replace 3?

OMG OMG OMG!!
I just got the Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 lens today and tried it outside, in the morning sun at f/2.8, ISO100, at full 200mm I can shoot at 1/4000 sec !!!
So at that speed there is 0 blur and I was able to take a photo of a van driving 60kph down the road at a distance of about 800m and I can read his licence plate easily (clear as a bell)

I also got a Crow in flight at a distance of about 100m and I can crop in and make out the definition in his feathers.

I love this lens!!! Well worth the money!
But this thing is simply huge compared to what I am use to.

Tough call, unfortunately there is nothing available with out compromising anything, otherwise we would all have it. If you are looking for a vacation lens then look at the 18-200. If you are doing work for a client NEVER NEVER EVER use something like this. Have the right lens for the job. A wide to tele is for vacation and every day fun.

Another good lens for vacation is the Tamron 18-270. I have the Sony 18-250 for when I don't feel like changing lenses.;)

I have an A55, and I purchased a 70-210mm Minolta Maxxuim lens; it works great on my Sony. Got it for an excellent price, and very happy with the sharpness of the lens for the price. I have a friend that has a Canon, and she uses an all in one lens and is happy with it, but I have no experience with one.

I know how you feel, because it is a pain to trade out lens and miss a good shot. I missed a beautiful picture of a sail boat this weekend from not switching quick enough. If it was me, I would rent one and try it out before buying one. I wish I could where I live, but no one rents lens.

Practicing with Minolta lens

$boat 4x6.jpg

OMG OMG OMG!!
I just got the Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 lens today and tried it outside, in the morning sun at f/2.8, ISO100, at full 200mm I can shoot at 1/4000 sec !!!
So at that speed there is 0 blur and I was able to take a photo of a van driving 60kph down the road at a distance of about 800m and I can read his licence plate easily (clear as a bell)

I also got a Crow in flight at a distance of about 100m and I can crop in and make out the definition in his feathers.

I love this lens!!! Well worth the money!
But this thing is simply huge compared to what I am use to.

Its hard to beat a good 70-200 f2.8 once you get past the size of the behemoth. I love mine, I have a old sigma 70-210 f2.8.

Most reactions

Back