What's new

one of my best lightning pictures

This is a great capture. I never understood how to take pics of lightning. I can't imagine anyone is fast enough to jump on the shutter at the exact time and have the camera pointed in the exact direction of the lightning at the same time. How is that done? :er:

He had a 20 second capture for that picture.

Yea I was wondering the same thing till the OP posted his 20 second exposure.
So I guess you just setup a tripod where you like the looks of the frame, sit there and drink beer for an hour during the storm, hitting the shutter release every 20 seconds, hoping for mother nature to cooperate. What else could it be ... maybe not beer but coffee, but you get the idea. hahaha.

I gotta get me a tripod and start taking longer exposures myself. time to expand.

btw, GREAT picture Frank !!
 
awesome capture right there
 
perfect timing
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom