One of my first

AKA:Dick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just bought a Sony A-100, along with the 75-300 lens. I haven't had a decent camera in twenty years, so I was excited to start.

This is from the balcony of a friends cabin at the lake.

Settings: fully auto ...

Not necessarily looking for critique, but happily accepted!

DSC00171.jpg

A different angle then I've seen in a shot like this... and trees somehow don't mix well with a water board shot... but think you were not out to shoot a wall hanger here, so the auto did ok in this situation... know the guy or just shooting?

welcome to the forum :)

the iamge is a bit dark with regard to the main subject.

but then with all auto you do not have much choice ;)

Looks like you were having fun with you camera...:) You caught him doing a great move there, but..yeah its dark...and auto...yeah well you know by now..:) Zoom past the trees next time!

Not necessarily looking for critique, but happily accepted!

Hiya Dick, welcome to The Photo Forum.

Your sentence as quoted above is why I moved your first post to TPF to the General Gallery. ;)

As everyone else has already stated, wean yourself off of auto as quickly as possible. Also, if you had caught the boarder closer to the upper left or more in the center of the arc of the trees and then cropped some of the extraneous treeage on the right, it might have been a pretty interesting frame up. he does seem a little out of place though, like "hmm...is he surfing in a mangrove?" Congratulations on the new camera. Once you learn it like a lover, the great photos will follow. ;)

Thanks for the input, everybody. I was on full 300 zoom, so getting the trees out was out of question, although I wasn't really looking for "composition" at the time. It's been a long time since I handled a real camera, so I just want to get the feel back.

Auto does suck, especially the zoom part.

I can see the cloning ;)

but great effort ..

that person is too black though

Most reactions

New Topics

Back